Future Scheduling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Scheduling

Western Michigan has dropped our home and home series and will cough up 1/2 a million to UC for cancelling. They dumped us so they can get shellacked in C-Bus. I guess they’ll make a profit on that.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...-m/6034123001/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I really didn’t want to play that game anyway, after our home game in the series was cancelled last year. $500,000 and we get to schedule a better opponent is fine with me.

Comment

Let's see. $1.2 M from ND for no return trip, $0.5 from W Michigan. How much more for the AAC buyout? What would we get for a playoff selection?
      Josh Rexhausen
      CE'99

Comment

Let get a game at UK

Comment

Seems like OSU could have paid us to play! Maybe they are having a little inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
            Let get a game at UK
            A home and home with UK would be absolutely nuts, as in the fans would love it so much tickets would be next to impossible to obtain. We need home and home series, not just visit to them.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

A home and home with UK would be absolutely nuts, as in the fans would love it so much tickets would be next to impossible to obtain. We need home and home series, not just visit to them.
              What about a home-and-home with a neutral game at PBS every third year?
              Josh Rexhausen
              CE'99

Comment

You have to do this home and home if you're going to do it. Screw PBS. I hope we never play anohter game there unless we renovate again. I want a true homefield advantage. depending and how things shake out with the whole Big XII/ P5/ TV Contract thing, I hope we can stop doing one off away buy games.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  You have to do this home and home if you're going to do it. Screw PBS. I hope we never play anohter game there unless we renovate again. I want a true homefield advantage. depending and how things shake out with the whole Big XII/ P5/ TV Contract thing, I hope we can stop doing one off away buy games.
                  As much as the fans would like to schdule games with UK I think it is tough to do. UK only has four out of conference games to schedule and they are required by law to have a yearly game with Louisville. That only leaves three.open games. Most teams, UK included, schedule at least one FCS game. UK only has two other games to schedule, Not impossible to schedule home and home with them but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

As much as the fans would like to schdule games with UK I think it is tough to do. UK only has four out of conference games to schedule and they are required by law to have a yearly game with Louisville. That only leaves three.open games. Most teams, UK included, schedule at least one FCS game. UK only has two other games to schedule, Not impossible to schedule home and home with them but I don't see it happening.
                    Great points In fact, look at their future schedules - other than Louisville, they aren't looking to schedule anybody worth a darn. https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/kentucky/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Great points In fact, look at their future schedules - other than Louisville, they aren't looking to schedule anybody worth a darn. https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/kentucky/
                      With their SEC schedule and UofL mandated, do you blame them?

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

With their SEC schedule and UofL mandated, do you blame them?
                        No, not all. Which is why I took exception to a recent tweet a couple weeks ago I saw from a UC fan account trashing IU's non-con scheduling over the years. UC has to bulk up the non-con, a power conference team (specifically one who is fighting for bowl eligibility most years) doesn't.

Comment

Non Conference scheduling going forward "should" take a leap once we get to the Big XII. At least I hope it will. If UK doesn't have the availbility go get UofL. I want the damn keg back.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am not a fan of PBS. However, I know a lot of people that went to that Oka game only because they were Bengal fans and love that stadium. It would get more local people attending the game and that tailgating was nuts.

Comment

I meant “with” not just at UK, I would definitely see it as a home & away series. It would definitely be an improvement over WKU, WMU (now canceled), etc. Until
                              we get to the B12, the AAC will hold us back for any dream of CFP.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X