No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Lake is toast after a tumultuous season at best at Washington. UW fired him after 13 games and a complete lack of recruiting.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Justin Fuente is out at Virginia Tech. Whit Babcock needs to figure out that recruiting area relationships matter. Fuente is from Tulsa which might be a good landing spot for him if TU fires Phil Montgomery.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Justin Fuente is out at Virginia Tech. Whit Babcock needs to figure out that recruiting area relationships matter. Fuente is from Tulsa which might be a good landing spot for him if TU fires Phil Montgomery.
        Football Scoop reporting that Virginia Tech is highly interested in the Wake Forest coach, Dave Clawson

Comment

I'm sure Whit(less) will be able to come up with another lazy hire.

Comment

I've scanned this post a couple of times; it's looks like we've overlooked two other coaching changes. Akron's Tom Arth is out, just short of three seasons. And Butch Davis asked for a one year extension on his contract at Florida International; they denied it, so he's out at the end of this year. Weird story I read on FIU - evidently there's not a lot of funds there; Davis claimed they were using 10 year shoulder pads (among other shortages there) until they got some five year ones from Mississippi State (an Assistant reached out to them).

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
              I'm sure Whit(less) will be able to come up with another lazy hire.

Fuente wasn't a lazy hire. In fact when he was hired it was praised by just about everyone. The bigger issue is he's not a guy who is going to be able to recruit to a small town like Blacksburg in the numbers needed to get VT back to where they once were under Beamer. That will not be an easy job for the next coach either. I also believe Fuente will be back as a head coach sooner rather than later. VT is another job where the fan expectation exceeds reality in today's world of college football. A ton of schools have caught up and in some cases passed them.

Comment

Florida is open. Dan Mullen was just fired.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

247 is reporting that TCU is about to sign Sonny Dykes which I think most people knew already.

Now TCU will be able to continually lose in November every year.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://footballscoop.com/news/with-...-it-would-take

However, at his weekly press conference today, Kelly called the attention Herbstreit has been sending his way a "smokescreen."

"You know, it's interesting. Where your name is brought up is probably where they want you to look so that you're not looking where you should be looking."

"It's a smokescreen. This is the time of year where names are thrown out there so people don't look where they're supposed to look."

Then asked if, other than retirement, could he see himself leaving Notre Dame on his own, Kelly took a page from Mike Tomlin's book from a few weeks ago.

"No," he responded.

"Look, I think Mike Tomlin had the best line...unless that fairy Godmother comes by with that $250 million check, my wife would want to take a look at it first. I would have to run it by her."

Comment

247 is reporting that TCU is about to sign Sonny Dykes which I think most people knew already.

IF Sonny can recruit to TCU, he has good schemes. Though I am not impressed with how his teams fall apart when the going gets tough.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Thamel:

Sources: With SMU’s Sonny Dykes expected to leave for TCU, SMU’s potential search has come into focus. Former SMU OC and current Miami OC Rhett Lashlee is the early leading candidate for SMU and will be hard to beat for the job.

Comment

Tim Brando is reporting James Franklin will sign an extension at Penn St.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tim Brando is reporting James Franklin will sign an extension at Penn St.
                            Per ESPN, 10 year extension for Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Per ESPN, 10 year extension for Franklin.
                              Yes! Great news

Comment

Skip Holtz will coach his last game for LA Tech on Saturday. Vannini is reporting he is out.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X