No announcement yet.

Indiana 9/18 12:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The slow starts the past couple of weeks make me nervous, but the coaching staff has been doing a good job making half-time adjustments. Sure did not see the two touchdown win coming even into the third quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
      Great win. Need to win those type of games when you’re not playing your best
      At some point, maybe against Notre Dame in 2 weeks, playing only one half is gonna cost! It would be wonderful if on October 2 they put together two halves like the 2nd half (and, yes, I'll give the last 5 minutes of the first half as well today) - wouldn't that be impressive!

Comment

A nice summary of the game. Indiana football vs. Cincinnati highlights, analysis and score updates (indystar.com)

Comment

I think if we start slow like this at ND we're in trouble. Defense bailed us out several times. Lots of good takeaways from todays games.

I'm not sure what woke up Des in the first half but pretty sure it was the targeting penalty. That changed the game entirely.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This is going to be a complete mess staffing, bathroom and concession wise isn't it?
            Nailed it apparently. They were far from ready for the crowd. UC people are mad about it.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

IU has only had around 6 sellouts. This was one of them. Their stadium is only around 56k so it is not like trying to fill a 100k stadium.

Comment

Box Score:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401282725
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This team would be awesome if they played hard for 60 minutes. We are going to need that kind of 60 minute full effort to beat Notre Dame. Kudos to Lorenz Metz. All of those penalties up front and he didn't even have one.

Comment

I found the Indiana fans to be very friendly, and I thought the stadium was clean, well staffed with plenty of concession stands. Good trip, despite the slow start!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                      This team would be awesome if they played hard for 60 minutes. We are going to need that kind of 60 minute full effort to beat Notre Dame. Kudos to Lorenz Metz. All of those penalties up front and he didn't even have one.

we've got two weeks to get this straightened out before the ND game. They seem to have no sense of urgency about these game.

Comment

3 reasons Indiana football lost to No. 8 Cincinnati, 38-24 (indystar.com)

Comment

Largest attendance for a non- conference opponent in Bloomington since 1987

Comment

Great win by our Bearcats yesterday! Great atmosphere at the game as we had a lot fans there. Bring on Notre Dame!

Comment

I have seen a lot of negativity on Twitter about the gameday experience yesterday in Bloomington and perhaps much of it is justified. But do know that IU is significantly short on stadium personnel, specifically because -- like with most places/many industries -- having a hard time paying enough to part-time employees to get them to come back (and maybe there is a vaccination mandate too that could play a role too, I am not sure).

I have only been to one IU home game in the last decade and only a handful of UC home games in the Tuberville/Fickell eras. But some of the complaints I had seen included things that I believe were issues at Nippert (and Fifth Third Arena) pre-renovation. Probably some more that IU could do to enhance the fan experience, but they have pumped in a lot of money to football in recent years (massive weight room, amenities for players, offices, premium seating that did not exist before, etc.) which at least seems to be benefitting players and recruits...

Comment

Keep in mind that IU gets over $60M in B10 money per year compared to UC's $7M AAC money. Their stadium is not much larger and apparently, the fan experience is much like at Nippert (long lines, not enough restrooms, etc.) I love going to game at UC. I suspect that IU fans love going to their games too.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X