No announcement yet.

Murray St. 9/11 3:30 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly think that UC was looking past Murray State to next week at IU. Toledo nearly beat ND today, so I feel both games can be won, but I still wish we were going to have neutral refs.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I think the first half was a hangover from all the big events yesterday. ND overlooked Toledo, they won’t overlook us. We need to start playing our best football.

Comment

There was a dramatic difference. I can't figure out if the Cats were just not playing to their potential and got roasted at the half or the coaching staff made some changes based on what they were seeing. It helped that Ridder made some incredible throws in the second half. Really impressed by the depth at wide out. I thought that Alec Pierce would get a majority of targets. I was wrong. Jerome Ford is a beast. If our line can keep up the effort, we will have another 1000 yard rusher and first round draft choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
          There was a dramatic difference. I can't figure out if the Cats were just not playing to their potential and got roasted at the half or the coaching staff made some changes based on what they were seeing. It helped that Ridder made some incredible throws in the second half. Really impressed by the depth at wide out. I thought that Alec Pierce would get a majority of targets. I was wrong. Jerome Ford is a beast. If our line can keep up the effort, we will have another 1000 yard rusher and first round draft choice.
          Think about it for just a second - combine the first half against Miami and the 2nd half against Murray and it's 70-0 (yes 70) - reverse it and it's 21-21. If we play at the first combination level we can play with anyone in the country and win most, if not all - if the second we could very well lose to many.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. We dominated the first half against Miami and the second half against Murray.
            ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

While we came out flat in the 1st half, Murray St came out playing fired up and nearly their best. Talent, size, speed, and other metrics may have been on the UC side, but the difference isn't big enough to overcome unmotivated play.At first, I thought it was vanilla play calling, but I think we thought they would roll over to the newest P5 member of the Big 12. A little half time chewing out by Des, allowed the Cats to take advantage in the second half. They better be ready to play from opening kickoff in Bloomington.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                They better be ready to play from opening kickoff in Bloomington.
                Totally Agree!!

Comment

It’ll be interesting to see what impact
                  the road game environment has on UC. Two lesser opponent home games with uneven performance across each game.

Comment

Here's a write-up on Saturday's game from the local Murray, KY paper:

https://www.murrayledger.com/sports/...87e40e860.html

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X