• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Updates as of today:

Mandel: CFP Semi Orange Bowl vs UGA.

Palm: CFP Semis Orange Bowl vs. UGA

McMurphy: NY6 Fiesta Bowl vs Ohio State (he does not think the committee will take an undefeated UC over a 1 loss Big Ten team.

Schlabach: CFP Semis Orange Bowl vs Georgia

Bonogura: CFP Semis Cotton Bowl vs. Iowa

Personal thought:

If we go undefeated and don't make the CFP, the CFP will likely have to expand down the road to 12 as planned.

If we make it to the CFP, the CFP will say "see it can be done" and expansion will not happen without an antitrust lawsuit.

There's a lot riding on our ability to win out and get to the playoff. Not just for us but the entire FBS system.

I was in Nashville over the weekend wearing UC gear. Lots of people were interested in talking about the UC football team. My take-away from all the conversations is that people view UC as a real threat and most of them do not want us to make the CFP. I think a lot of 1 loss teams will take the slot over us if the CFP selection committee is anything like the general public that I talked to.

Comment

From this Morning. Mandel has us in the CFP semi vs. Oklahoma now.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From this Morning. Mandel has us in the CFP semi vs. Oklahoma now.
        I'll take this in a NY minute!

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

I'll take this in a NY minute!
          That's in the Cotton Bowl btw. That would effectivley be a home game for OU.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That's in the Cotton Bowl btw. That would effectivley be a home game for OU.
            That's certainly no worse than playing Georgia in the Peach Bowl, and we came within a hair's breath of winning that one - and I don't believe OU is nearly as good as Georgia, last year or now.

Comment

Anything but Georgia in the semifinal is good. Would love to se Peach Bowl II for the National Championship!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                Anything but Georgia in the semifinal is good. Would love to se Peach Bowl II for the National Championship!
                As fans wouldn't we like to see Cincinnati meet and beat Ohio State and Georgia? I know it would be difficult to say the least, but the satisfaction of that would be incredible.
                Josh Rexhausen
                CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X