Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not think that we climb at all. Even if we beat Indiana and ND, it will not be enough to impress the pollsters.
    There are 2 reams ahead of us who will probably stay undefeated for most of the season. It's also in realm of possibility that the 1 loss teams have a second loss. Give it time and enjoy what makes college football the best!!
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Slipped to #8 in both Coaches Poll and AP Poll.

Comment

I know we dropped but in both polls we increased in number of votes. I still can't stand the "you beat a top five seam so you should be in the top five, but that team should be dropped" If Ohio State isn't a top 5 team, Oregon shouldn't be ranked as high. I know it's also early.

Still fun to apply faulty score logic. UC beat Miami by 35, Ohio state beat Minnesota by 14, Minnesota beat Miami by 5. Do the math.
        Josh Rexhausen
        CE'99

Comment

Get ready for (at least) Penn State to jump us in the polls. It's the classic screwed no matter what scenario.

If we lose to Indiana: "Group of 5 frauds - they fold whenever they play anyone good"

If we beat Indiana: "Oh I guess Indiana wasn't that good."

Comment

Penn St. probably will jump us because of P5 bias but they shouldn't. We beat a top 30 team by 14 in their own stadium despite turning the ball over twice. PSU beat a top 25 team at home by 8 and had trouble doing it.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by regoarrarr View Post
              Get ready for (at least) Penn State to jump us in the polls. It's the classic screwed no matter what scenario.

If we lose to Indiana: "Group of 5 frauds - they fold whenever they play anyone good"

If we beat Indiana: "Oh I guess Indiana wasn't that good."
              Nailed it. Down to #9 in the Coaches poll
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It wasn't so long ago that we were ecstatic to make the "also receiving votes" list. I like the new normal better. Alas, we'll probably be welcoming the Also list in Basketball this year.

Comment

Stayed at #8 in the AP. Still got jumped by PSU.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is this the week Florida and Arkansas jumps us? Does Notre Dame? Off topic - I think GameDay will probably do the bama game but would they ever cover Notre Dame 2 weeks in a row? It's too bad they went this last week so we can't get them

Comment

Happy to be wrong, moved up to #7 in AP. Notre Dame moved to #9 setting up a top10 match next week

Comment

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am going to bank that Clemson is NOT going to be invited to the big game this year. I will also bet that no ACC team will be there. So here we are, the new Big 12 will be just as strong as the PAC12 and ACC.

Comment

Up to number 5 of ESPN's power rankings.... College football Power Rankings after Week 5 (espn.com)

Comment

Coaches poll drops at 12:00, AP at 2:00
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

College Football Final today on ESPN - Joey Galloway had us # 4 and Jesse Palmer had us # 3 !

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X