No announcement yet.

Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMU is barely handling Navy. Penn State is leading Iowa which I believe we want. Georgia is not blowing Auburn away.

Comment

Coaches Poll is out. We are # 4 ahead of Alabama and OSU. Let that sink in for a while.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Coaches Poll is out. We are # 4 ahead of Alabama and OSU. Let that sink in for a while.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/
        SMU hanging at #23. We need them in top 25 when we play them.

Comment

#3 in the AP. I believe that ties the highest ranking ever for UC.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            #3 in the AP. I believe that ties the highest ranking ever for UC.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
            #4 in Coaches, and listed in many analysts' Playoff 4.

Comment

We know the committee does have some bias when it comes to some teams/conferences. I think it is a given that 1 team from the SEC and the Big Ten is a given. A undefeated Big 12 champ is a given. I don't see UC being jumped by a Pac-12 or ACC champion. Even if Wake Forest or NC State goes undefeated.

If a 1 loss, maybe even 2 loss, Alabama beats an undefeated Georgia, I think both teams would go into the CFP. This I think has the biggest potential to knock us out of the CFP as UC would be fighting for 1 spot. If this happened, we would need to hope the Big 12 champ has 1 loss to have the best chance. Ideally, either Georgia wins out or both teams in the SEC championship have at minimum 1 loss going in to the game.

We need to hope that Houston wins out as well and decently ranked when we ideally play them in the AAC Championship. I doubt a UC/SMU rematch would move a needle.

Hoping for the best.

Comment

Lets goooo! #2.
                "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

Who cares about the playoff committee. Root on your boys to victory and enjoy the ride.

-Source Unknown

Comment

^I agree. Maybe our consolation prize is playing in a New Year Day bowl against tosu or Alabama or Clemson.

Comment

• With Mich St winning 20-15 at Indiana does that make our win look better? Did not catch any of that game.
                      Josh Rexhausen
                      CE'99

Comment

• The one thing I would hate to become is a fan that expects championship or bust. I was there in NC when we played russ wilson. I was there in OU when Grutza broke his leg. I was there at the orange bowl. I was there at the sugar bowl.

We lost all four of those games but i was so happy to be there.

These guys are kids. Most getting paid nothing. And Im proud of all of them.
                        Last edited by cafemerald; 10-16-2021, 09:00 PM.

-Source Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by cafemerald View Post
                          The one thing I would hate to become is a fan that expects championship or bust. I was there in NC when we played russ wilson. I was there in OU when Grutza broke his leg. I was there at the orange bowl. I was there at the sugar bowl.

We lost all four of those games but i was so happy to be there.

These guys are kids. Most getting paid nothing. And Im proud of all of them.
                          I totally agree It is refreshing to watch any UC team that plays tough, with a team mentality.Its always great to win but I appreciate the effort from the team and the entire coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
                            We know the committee does have some bias when it comes to some teams/conferences. I think it is a given that 1 team from the SEC and the Big Ten is a given. A undefeated Big 12 champ is a given. I don't see UC being jumped by a Pac-12 or ACC champion. Even if Wake Forest or NC State goes undefeated.

If a 1 loss, maybe even 2 loss, Alabama beats an undefeated Georgia, I think both teams would go into the CFP. This I think has the biggest potential to knock us out of the CFP as UC would be fighting for 1 spot. If this happened, we would need to hope the Big 12 champ has 1 loss to have the best chance. Ideally, either Georgia wins out or both teams in the SEC championship have at minimum 1 loss going in to the game.

We need to hope that Houston wins out as well and decently ranked when we ideally play them in the AAC Championship. I doubt a UC/SMU rematch would move a needle.

Hoping for the best.
                            Let's imagine, UC, Georgia, and the winner of Ok St/OU go undefeated and those Big Ten teams beat up on each other. Let's say the Big 12 championship game winner is undefeated, as is Cincy winning AAC CCG. In this scenario, Bama beats Georgia by a field goal in SEC CCG. Could the Big 10 champion be left out of CFP?
                            IS THIS THE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO FOR CINCY? Too many 1 loss P5 teams is not good for UC. Even if UC is solidly in top 2 going into conference championship games.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Let's imagine, UC, Georgia, and the winner of Ok St/OU go undefeated and those Big Ten teams beat up on each other. Let's say the Big 12 championship game winner is undefeated, as is Cincy winning AAC CCG. In this scenario, Bama beats Georgia by a field goal in SEC CCG. Could the Big 10 champion be left out of CFP?
                              IS THIS THE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO FOR CINCY? Too many 1 loss P5 teams is not good for UC. Even if UC is solidly in top 2 going into conference championship games.
                              if tOSU wins out and wins the big - they won't be left out especially if they win big.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X