No announcement yet.

Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love that Alabama beats one of the worst D-1 teams in years at home and moves up. Really?
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• All 3 teams ahead of us (except Georgia) in CFP face ranked teams. Alabama-Arkansas, Oregon@Utah and OSU-MSU. But, why is Georgia playing an FCS team in week 12? I guess Oregon has a fair chance of losing.

Comment

• Kirk Herbstreit has dropped us out of his top 6 for the CFP. He just has not been impressed with our play the last four weeks. I don't mind being #3 in both polls but we have to play better the next three weeks.

Comment

• Let’s be honest with ourselves. UC is not getting into the playoffs this year. I knew this when the first CFP rankings were released. The rankings were set up in such a way that gave the committee endless reasons to justify excluding UC. For example, the B1G having MSU, UM and aO$U ranked above and right behind us. Whomever finishes first among those three teams will get in ahead of UC. GA and AL are locks, and if AL loses to GA, they will be the first 2-loss team to make the playoff. But I believe GA and AL will play for the SEC championship with AL winning, which will justify both being in the playoff. UO beat aO$U in Ohio stadium, which is obviously very important to the committee. They won’t lose again and are also a lock to make it. UC’s best hope is to be invited to a NY6 bowl game. But UC will never be invited to the playoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
            All 3 teams ahead of us (except Georgia) in CFP face ranked teams. Alabama-Arkansas, Oregon@Utah and OSU-MSU. But, why is Georgia playing an FCS team in week 12? I guess Oregon has a fair chance of losing.
            Look what it did for Alabama. This is how the SEC fools us with their greatness. We play the cupcakes early to gel the team and work out the kinks. Then everyone complains about who we play. Meanwhile SEC has fine tunes their teams and beat down nobodies and "look impressive." Absolute garbage.
            Josh Rexhausen
            CE'99

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
              Let’s be honest with ourselves. UC is not getting into the playoffs this year. I knew this when the first CFP rankings were released. The rankings were set up in such a way that gave the committee endless reasons to justify excluding UC. For example, the B1G having MSU, UM and aO$U ranked above and right behind us. Whomever finishes first among those three teams will get in ahead of UC. GA and AL are locks, and if AL loses to GA, they will be the first 2-loss team to make the playoff. But I believe GA and AL will play for the SEC championship with AL winning, which will justify both being in the playoff. UO beat aO$U in Ohio stadium, which is obviously very important to the committee. They won’t lose again and are also a lock to make it. UC’s best hope is to be invited to a NY6 bowl game. But UC will never be invited to the playoff.
              Going 13-0 and winning a NY6 bowl would be a very successful season. Perhaps a National Championship will have to wait until we are fully in the Big 12. That is, assuming the the Big 12 will still be a "Power 5". I don't put it past the other conferences to reclassify to a "Big 4". Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                Let’s be honest with ourselves. UC is not getting into the playoffs this year. I knew this when the first CFP rankings were released. The rankings were set up in such a way that gave the committee endless reasons to justify excluding UC. For example, the B1G having MSU, UM and aO$U ranked above and right behind us. Whomever finishes first among those three teams will get in ahead of UC. GA and AL are locks, and if AL loses to GA, they will be the first 2-loss team to make the playoff. But I believe GA and AL will play for the SEC championship with AL winning, which will justify both being in the playoff. UO beat aO$U in Ohio stadium, which is obviously very important to the committee. They won’t lose again and are also a lock to make it. UC’s best hope is to be invited to a NY6 bowl game. But UC will never be invited to the playoff.
                If UC wins beats SMU and ECU by 20 or more, and then easily wins the AAC Championship game against Houston, it will be hard for them to deny us a spot. Still, I don't feel that UC is going to win the remaining games easily, and you know how scared I am of the ECU game.

B.C.
                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• I'm less worried about the BCS poll right now and more concernced about winning the next 3 games. The competition over the next 3 games ramps up considerably and we can't have the spotty play on both sides of the ball we've witnessed the past 4 games or we'll likely get beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Going 13-0 and winning a NY6 bowl would be a very successful season. Perhaps a National Championship will have to wait until we are fully in the Big 12. That is, assuming the the Big 12 will still be a "Power 5". I don't put it past the other conferences to reclassify to a "Big 4". Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
                    I agree. It would be a tremendous accomplishment. And I also don’t put it past the other conferences to exclude the BigXII once all settles down. I also don’t think realignment is over, with the other conferences raiding the BigXII.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

I actually like the message CLF has been giving the kids about enjoying the season. I feel we are the same way. It would be amazing to make the CFP, but it would also be amazing to be in another NY6 bowl for back to back years.

In the latest recommendation on expanding the playoffs, the Big 12 is still considered a P5 conference and would get the automatic bid. Aresco has been campaigning against the model, but as we have experienced for years, he will lose that argument.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...fp/8593596002/

Comment

• Still #5 We really need Utah to beat Oregon. https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...1/seasontype/2
                        Last edited by Carin's Dad; 11-16-2021, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                          Still #5 We really need Utah to beat Oregon/
                          At least Houston is getting a little love from the CFP.
                          Josh Rexhausen
                          CE'99

Comment

• Here’s the full deal.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/rankings.aspx

In addition to Utah and Oregon. OSU and MSU have to play each other and obviously OSU and Michigan. That’s going eliminate 2 if not all 3 B1G teams. UGA and Bama will play eventually.

None of this matters if we don’t beat SMU on Saturday
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Here’s the full deal.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/rankings.aspx

In addition to Utah and Oregon. OSU and MSU have to play each other and obviously OSU and Michigan. That’s going eliminate 2 if not all 3 B1G teams. UGA and Bama will play eventually.

None of this matters if we don’t beat SMU on Saturday
                              Correct. All we can control is our 3 remaining games. The eye test is over!! We MUST win all 3 and then let the chips fall where they may. I think o$u wins out and our best chance is an Oregon loss. Either way, that's out of our hands. As you say, beat SMU is all that we should be thinking about. I am really hoping that some tougher opponents will help refocus us and up our intensity. We haven't been great the last 4 weeks where we were supposed to roll.
                              This is where Chris restates his ECU worries which are hard to argue with. However, if we are who we think we are, we just take care of business one week at a time.

Comment

• Miss State at 25 with a 6-4 record. WTF? Speaking of head scratchers, UM is getting love for their win over Penn State who is no longer in the top 25. Purdue has also dropped out thus dropping MSU because of the loss. If the Committee places the win Oregon has over tosu, you would think that they would place MSU's win over UM.
                                Last edited by bearcatbret; 11-16-2021, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X