Clear All

• Running backs spot seems pretty thin

0 Charles McClelland RB 5-11 190 Jr. 2L Homerville, Ga. / Clinch County
    22 Ryan Montgomery RB 5-10 205 Jr. 2L Franklin, Ohio / Franklin
    24 Jerome Ford RB 5-11 215 Jr. 1L Tampa, Fla. / Armwood Alabama
    30 Michael Kopaygorodsky RB 6-0 215 Sr. 2L Mason, Ohio / Mason
    33 Ethan Wright RB 6-1 193 So. 1L Akron, Ohio / Manchester
    Myles Montgomery RB 5-11 190 Fr. HS Jacksonville, Fla. / Fletcher
    McClelland flashed before injury in a small sample size, but he can't stay healthy.
    Ryan Montgomery while serviceable as a backup does not look like much more than depth. Only 15 carries last year for a 2.7 average
    Jermore Ford will be the bell cow and has proven he can handle the load. 73 carries for 6.6 average
    Kopaygorodsky 0 carries last year 12 total carries in 3 years. Special teams player who will see little if any time at running back IMO
    Ethan Wright was a finalist for Mr. Football Ohio. 0 carries last year. Hoping he is the future as he seems like a football player. Played RB,WR,LB,DB, QB,P in highschool. My concern looking at his highlights is that he looks better on defense than offense. He runs upright and does not have that natural lean. https://247sports.com/Player/Ethan-Wright-46048773/
    Myles Montgomery 9.7 yards per carry in highschool but unknown...

Personally I don't think it's thin but it would help a lot to keep Ford and McClelland healthy or we're going to be thin pretty quickly. It'll be interesting to see who is in the RB2 spot when a good depth chart comes out.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If Ryan Montgomery isn't returning kicks, then he will stay healthier. I don't know status of McClelland's recovery, but I also am not hearing it is an issue. Ethan Wright will likely be in the mix for carries with Ryan behind Ford. The kid from Mason isn't a slouch, plus another freshman to round out the squad. I think the RBs will have a great year. In another post, I mentioned that Ridder will likely have a spy so other teams won't be loading the box.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I don't think it's much different than in prior years other than you are going to get new names involved with less duty unless Ford were to go down. Doaks was a player who kind of gave shade to the rb group the past several years, but was often hurt himself a lot so how deep we were was not a heck of a lot different. I would expect you are also going to see more rushes for Tre Tucker in the offense as they mentioned last year they want to get him the ball more given his speed and big play ability.

Comment

I think that if Tavion Thomas would have accepted Fickel's decision to redshirt him, he would have been poised to have a great year under this offense. Will be interesting to see what he does for Utah. A 6'3 230 pound masher would have been nice to have on the roster.

Comment

Utah is still trying to figure out how he ended up there.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X