Devin Hightower transfer OLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Hightower transfer OLB

Looks like we’re going to pick up a transfer at midnight in Hightower. Formerly of MSU he was a top recruit in the state of Ohio coming out of Akron’s Archbishop Hoban HS.

Hightower red shirted last year plus Covid so he has 5 years to play 4. Has a pre existing relationship with Coach Tressel from MSU.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11416837/Devin-Hightower
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Keep the defenze rolling. Nice pick up and welcome Mr. Hightower.

Comment

Interesting as he from what i can gather is walking on with the opportunity to earn a scholly down the road. Reminds me of Nick Temple. Plenty of talent on the D side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        Interesting as he from what i can gather is walking on with the opportunity to earn a scholly down the road. Reminds me of Nick Temple. Plenty of talent on the D side of the ball.
        That's correct and I totally forgot to post that part.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is he eligible this year?
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
            Is he eligible this year?
            According to an MSU article he will:

Hightower becomes the 27th overall player, fifth linebacker, and sixth player of former head coach Mark Dantonio’s final recruiting class (2020) to enter the transfer portal since the abridged 2020 season started. He will have five years of eligibility remaining thanks to the extra year granted to players by COVID-19 and will be immediately eligible to play wherever he transfers to next.

Comment

I could be wrong, but i believe if you pay your own tuition you do not have to sit out? I thought the sit out rules excluding Covid only applied to scholarship players.

Comment

He does not have to sit.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X