• Show
Clear All

• Mike Denbrock

Denbrock is currently in Nashville interviewing with Vanderbilt
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

For OC at Vanderbilt???
    Last edited by longtimefan; 01-12-2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      For OC at Vanderbilt???
      Yep that's correct. Maybe he's sick of us or maybe it was a a courtesy meeting for the Ex-ND DC(friend?) that's down there now . As much as we like to hammer on his playcalling this is a bad time for him to move on with Des coming back.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Or maybe it's because all of the coaches are bailing, including fickell. Not good news

Comment

I'd say it's a similar situation to when Fickell was hired. First time head coach in Lea(with defensive backround) with ties to South Bend looking up another former veteran Kelly/South Bend guy for offensive experience. I'm sure there are some who might actually wonder if Uc was not looking in another direction as well given the offense was not exactly as potent as some would like. Either way, Vandy paid their head coach before Lea much less than Fickell makes here, so what they would be paying a coordinator is anybody's guess. Some also believe Gino is ready for a promotion, and he is a pretty good recruiter as well. Be interesting to watch, but i think Fickell is out of the range experience wise now in his 5th year as a head coach whereby he needs a veteran. The Philly Eagles will hire another Nfl guy. That's a lot of crazy press.

Comment

Denbrock is returning p/ many tweets

Comment

That's good. With Des returning keeping the offensive coaches in place i believe is a good thing. Here's to hoping we can improve in the downfield passing category. Much hinges on Des improving his touch and consistency. It should help having almost all the downfield targets back next year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                That's good. With Des returning keeping the offensive coaches in place i believe is a good thing. Here's to hoping we can improve in the downfield passing category. Much hinges on Des improving his touch and consistency. It should help having almost all the downfield targets back next year as well.
                Agreed. Having Denbrock wander off could have set Des back quite a bit unless Gino was next up
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Agreed. Having Denbrock wander off could have set Des back quite a bit unless Gino was next up
                  I want Denbrock to stay. I want Ridder to stay and excel. But, if Denbrock was going to leave, this might actually be a good year to do it. We have a senior quarterback who has gotten quite good at adjusting on the fly. Plus, the new coordinator would be able to groom the next QB for a year in his system thereby likely making our offense more ready for the 2022 season.

Comment

This seems like the best place to put this link. Some info on Denbrock in here. ($)

https://theathletic.com/2343386/2021...st-of-success/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X