X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    I would think we would be more interested in guys with equity in our preferred recruiting footprint, unless we feel like we have that covered and want to expand our strength in other regions.

Also I have unsuccessfully been trying to find Mickens current salary. Private schools don't post much. In light of what they paid Freeman, what we pay for a DC might not be too enticing or at least no better than financial lateral move. The resume build however should be very valuable. I still think that Mickens or internal are the options that look most likely and maybe Combs as another. I just wonder what the delay has been and rumors just haven't been out there.
    They may be vettting people, particularly B. Coombs. He got fired from the Lions for calling a fake punt against the HC's wishes.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Yea, i've seen his name mentioned with the Texas and also Lsu jobs, but had not seen anything on Cincinnati.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I would think we would be more interested in guys with equity in our preferred recruiting footprint, unless we feel like we have that covered and want to expand our strength in other regions.

Also I have unsuccessfully been trying to find Mickens current salary. Private schools don't post much. In light of what they paid Freeman, what we pay for a DC might not be too enticing or at least no better than financial lateral move. The resume build however should be very valuable. I still think that Mickens or internal are the options that look most likely and maybe Combs as another. I just wonder what the delay has been and rumors just haven't been out there.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by coach View Post

Where did you see Reeves name mentioned in conjunction with UC?
    I think it was a couple things on Twiiter. There might be nothing to it. Looks like Sarkisian at Texas is also going after him.
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-17-2021, 12:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Scratch Chris Ash. He's off to Jacksonville.

Add David Reeves, the DC at UAB. Two time Broyles Nominee.
    Where did you see Reeves name mentioned in conjunction with UC?

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Here’s some info re Reeves from UAB’s site. He would be a geographical departure from the Midwestern roots of many of UC’s coaches. He’s from GA & has coached strictly in the South.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    ESPN's Adam Rittenberg regarding Chris Ash as a potential DC for Urban Meyer if/when he becomes the HC for the Jacksonville Jaguars: Ash spent this past season as #Texas defensive coordinator. Heard his name as a possible candidate to replace Marcus Freeman at #Cincinnati, but this would make sense given his relationship with Meyer.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied

I should clarify and add....unless the guy is already on staff, and I can only trust Fick on that approach.
    Or to further clarify, is it because Fick himself isn't sure of his future and unable to commit to any prospects?

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    If i had to bet money i'd still lay it down on an internal staff guy being the front runner unless something comes out of the blue. As with Freeman, i think given his defensive side of the ball experience he is fairly involved himself and as he groomed Marcus, i suspect he will want to groom another coach. Comments from MF for those who haven't seen them. Lot of credit he throws Fickell's way. Folks have to remember MF was out of job 4 seasons ago when Fick picked him up.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/ma...-to-cincinnati

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I am wondering if the seemingly slow activity is caused by our waiting for Sark to arrive and either retaining or passing on current staff, mainly Ash. Him being released is the only way we would consider him as we surely aren't gonna pay a buyout.
    Combs is a good fit as well but main require some persuading which could cause a delay.
    Mickens wouldn't be a bad option as well but may be a fallback option. I would think he would jump immediately.
    None of the rest previously identified fit the profile or move the needle for me.
    I should clarify and add....unless the guy is already on staff, and I can only trust Fick on that approach.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I am wondering if the seemingly slow activity is caused by our waiting for Sark to arrive and either retaining or passing on current staff, mainly Ash. Him being released is the only way we would consider him as we surely aren't gonna pay a buyout.
    Combs is a good fit as well but main require some persuading which could cause a delay.
    Mickens wouldn't be a bad option as well but may be a fallback option. I would think he would jump immediately.
    None of the rest previously identified fit the profile or move the needle for me.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    Any news on the DC front?
    Haven't heard much honestly. I'm assuming Fickell has done some Zoom interviews already but not much is coming out at the moment. Longing for the days when you could track planes for this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    Any news on the DC front?

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Not sure how connected this is:

https://detroitsportsnation.com/univ...9/2021/242684/

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse