Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Hudson

Declared for the NFL draft.

Very bad news. Yet his stupid penalty likely cost us the Peach Bowl game, as his replacement, Big Lorenz Metz, was playing way above his head, and his poor play let them win.

I hope things go better for James Hudson, declaring early, than they did for his classmate at Toledo Central Catholic, Michael Warren II, who has been cut by Washington (3rd team to cut him this year), on December 29.

B.C.
    Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 01-04-2021, 03:14 PM.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Warren’s decision was an unfortunate one for sure and I wasn’t surprised his NFL experience was a brief one. I can’t remember if Hudson played a lot at Michigan or not but it sure seems like his journey to get here and how his career ended were sad bookends to a nice year. We will miss him next year.

Comment

With so many declaring for the draft, I wonder how it works. Is it like the NBA draft where one can declare, go through some evaluations and then decide whether to remain eligible for college or go professional?

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
          With so many declaring for the draft, I wonder how it works. Is it like the NBA draft where one can declare, go through some evaluations and then decide whether to remain eligible for college or go professional?
          Hudson would greatly increase his "stock value", if he came back, had a great senior year, and then entered the draft. Somebody is giving him bad advice.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
            Very bad news. Yet his stupid penalty likely cost us the Peach Bowl game, as his replacement, Big Lorenz Metz, was playing way above his head, and his poor play let them win.

I hope things go better for James Hudson, declaring early, than they did for his classmate at Toledo Central Catholic, Michael Warren II, who has been cut by Washington (3rd team to cut him this year), on December 29.

B.C.
            It is not Hudson's fault who the replacement is behind him. It is his fault for committing two no-no's. Never hit someone out of bounds, and don't hit an opposing player when the ball carrier is on the ground just in front of you to the right. We knew what Metz was last year, and I blame the coaches for him being the replacement. His missed blocks and false starts put the offense in hole, after hole. Bruno LaBell could've done twice as good. certainly there is another LT, even if a true freshman. Metz is a physical specimen with a huge lack of experience.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Used to be you could declare for the draft and test the waters and return to school as long as you didn't hire an agent. I doubt if that is still the rule but I think some of these guys declaring could still possibly return. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Hudson would greatly increase his "stock value", if he came back, had a great senior year, and then entered the draft. Somebody is giving him bad advice.

B.C.
                I agree, BC. He could become a stud and vault himself up in the draft. Good luck to him and everyone else entering the draft. TBH, I think they are all making a mistake a la Michael Warren, but I also finished 9th out of 12 teams in my NFL fantasy league.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                  Metz is a physical specimen with a huge lack of experience.
                  Metz has plenty of experience. He started the 2019 season. He has a huge lack of discipline with false starts.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Metz has plenty of experience. He started the 2019 season. He has a huge lack of discipline with false starts.
                    Pass blocking is much more difficult than run blocking. Some lineman just never pick up on the proper techniques. His false starts were him trying to get back into position. Should have done RPO away from him and alternated with runs to his size. Next man in only works if you have the depth.

As far as James Hudson, i agree he would benefit greatly with another year here. Could even end up as a first or second rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Metz is from Germany and didn't play football until late in high school, and played defense while there. He is relatively new to the offensive line at any level. Yes he started a year for UC and the bowl game with Hudson showed how important it is to have an effective O-Line. Metz commits penalty after penalty and set the cats offense back all of 2019 and the entire second half of the Peach Bowl. My hats off to Lorenz - he is a physical specimen and could still develop it a very decent LT. He plays hard, great intensity, and drive. I'm not sure what sets him back on the false starts, though it looks like he is susceptible to defensive feints. Metz just may well earn the starting left tackle position next year and I hope he continues to improve. If he can cut out the penalties, he can be much more than serviceable at an important position. However, he needs to perform in games and not just the practice field.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

For those who are not on Twitter, Hudson has been tearing it up at the Senior Bowl workouts. Multiple videos out there of excellent pass blocking against A+ quality edge rushers and a few pancake run blocks.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hudson sighting in the Hall of Fame game tonight
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...