Post Season Senior Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Season Senior Games

In addition to James WIggins at the Senior Bowl, James Smith has also been invited to the Senior Bowl. Elijah Ponder has an invitation to the Hula Bowl.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Gerrid Doaks has accepted an invite to the East-West Shrine game.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Coby Bryant also headed to E/W Shrine game
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

James Hudson will join the crowd at the Senior Bowl
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Coby Bryant also headed to E/W Shrine game
          The Enquirer yesterday included a tweet from Bryant to the effect that he will use the Covid-19 waiver and return to be a team leader at UC. Can he play in a post-season analysis event and return?

Comment

That's a really good question. I don't think he has to sign with an agent to participate in the E/W game but I don't know if there's even a precedent for going to a post season all-star bowl and then returning.

Then again with Hudson, I think he's the first junior to participate in the Senior Bowl so who knows.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was looking up the Hula Bowl since we have 3 guys headed to Hawaii only to find out that the East-West Shrine game which we also had 3 guys headed to was cancelled last weekend.

Doaks, Ponder and Forrest were schedule to particpate in the East-West game.

The Senior Bowl is on Saturday Jan 30 at 2:30 on NFL Network. Wiggins, Hudson and James Smith are participating.

The Hula Bowl is Sunday Jan 31. The game is at 4:30 HST, which is I believe is 11:30am EST, on CBSSN. Ponder, White and Tucky are headed to that game if it's held as scheduled.

There was also the College Gridiron Showcase, an OTA style/combine event in Fort Worth this past week. This group was scheduled to participate. Typos are not mine. I know the scouts at that event were pretty happy with a couple of our guys
              Last edited by Lobot; 01-23-2021, 12:05 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Reminder that the Senior Bowl is today at 2:30 on NFL Net
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I find it interesting that it is so hard to find stats on these games. Does anyone have links to a box score for the Reece's Senior bowl or the Hula Bowl?

Comment

Really good question. I can only find team stats for the Senior Bowl. The 2020 stats are there so I think 2021 should end up there eventually at Seniorbowl.com

Not much of anything out there for the Hula Bowl.

I have a feeling because there’s no media guide to assist spotters for these games, they probably have to review video to get the stats sorted out ? Maybe?
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I found the stats yesterday. The only one of note was that James Smith punted 4 times for an average of 37 yds, none inside the 20. Long of 52. It was very windy in Mobile on Saturday. I saw the game. The punt protection left a lot to be desired. The opposing punter wasn’t much more effective (39 ypp).

Comment

Pro Football Focus, in an ESPN+ article ($), rated James Hudson as one of their 5 highest risers from his performance during the Senior Bowl week. Hudson graded out at 88% in one-on-one matchups, the highest of all OL in the camp. PFF believes he's a Top 50 overall talent who could go in the first round.

Comment

Here's the link the the Senior Bowl stats when they get around to updating it: https://www.seniorbowl.com/final-stats
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X