Ben Bryant leaving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Bryant leaving

Ben has entered the transfer portal. I believe he has two years left elsewhere.

I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner to be honest. Seems like when they signed Prater, the writing was on the wall.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Bryant has graduated. He’s technically a grad transfer and won’t have to sit
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He has a lot of talent & should land somewhere he can play immediately. Will he be with the team for the ACC Championship game & bowl game? Or is he off the team
      officially?
      BTW I wish him the best with his new school.

Comment

He's going to be a really good QB for someone. hopefully, it won't be for a AAC team or a future opponent. He's an incredible passer and just needed a little bit of playing time. To me he was the better QB for the offense Denbrock was trying to run at the beginning of the year.

Comment

I read somewhere where once you enter the transfer portal you cannot play. Odd. With a bowl game and no losses i'd stick, not to mention you might get a high profile audition at season's end. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Comment

He’s done . Not with the team this week and into the portal. Unless things have changed on the depth chart, the second stringer is now Michael Lindauer.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              He’s done . Not with the team this week and into the portal. Unless things have changed on the depth chart, the second stringer is now Michael Lindauer.
              I might be totally wrong here. Apparently this decision is made by individual schools. Most programs move on when someone goes in portal and apparently we are not doing that with Ben. As long he does not transfer before 12/19, he’s eligible to play. Kind of an odd situation
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I might be totally wrong here. Apparently this decision is made by individual schools. Most programs move on when someone goes in portal and apparently we are not doing that with Ben. As long he does not transfer before 12/19, he’s eligible to play. Kind of an odd situation
                It could be that as a grad transfer, UC is treating him like a senior exhausting eligibility. This is good for Ben and I wish him well.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I wish him luck as well. Probably a better passer than Ridder but Ridder is winning with his mobility and legs. That is his strength. In truth, I wouldn't mind seeing him one more year and then passing the reins of the team to Evan Prater. He can run and pass and might be able to boost us to the next level.

Comment

According the Justin Williams he's still with the team:

https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...33537203007493

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

According the Justin Williams he's still with the team:

https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...33537203007493
                      Williams also confirmed that with Tony Pike on 1530. It is an amicable separation.

Comment

I wish him well. I liked Bryant and thought he was a nice compliment to Ridder. But, the way this season has gone and how Ridder seems to have taken control of the offense, I can’t blame Bryant at all for this decision. Just don’t want to go against him in the future because the kid can play.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me to see him blow up somewhere else. Good luck Ben. Nice kid, nice player. Things just didn't work out.

Comment

The Bearcat Student Athletes Support Service twitter account just sent out a pic of 4 seniors that are graduating. One of them is Ben Bryant. His goal after graduation is listed as joining the Sports Administration MBA program and continuing to play football at UC.

I don’t have any information one way or the other but that makes me wonder if the UC SpAd MBA program didn’t accept him?

Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I didn't want to start a new thread, as IMHO, he isn't worth a thread, but former CBJ is now the new HC at Arkansas State.

B.C.
                              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X