AAC Championship 12/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    secured my 4 tickets, woohoo. Nicely surprised they didn't jack the prices up higher
    I have two seats close to my regular ones at midfield in the pavilion and they're actually less expensive than normal.

Comment

Congratulations to the Bearcats on a very tough win.

Tulsa is legit, lots of quality athletes. It was a tough game in brutal conditions. Without the silly mistakes we win by at least two touchdowns, but we saw what happens with a sloppy game. Whatever causes the false starts and problems getting the ball snapped must be fixed before the bowl game.

Comment

Did you see Tulsa had 1 penalty called on them but they were barking out our cadence and trying to imitate Dez to draw us offsides. I think they called it delay of game. Not sure I have ever seen it called before.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
          Congratulations to the Bearcats on a very tough win.

Tulsa is legit, lots of quality athletes. It was a tough game in brutal conditions. Without the silly mistakes we win by at least two touchdowns, but we saw what happens with a sloppy game. Whatever causes the false starts and problems getting the ball snapped must be fixed before the bowl game.
          Absolutely agree. They were much tougher on the run than i thought. Ridder was pretty much stopped at the edge on a number of plays. Agree on cleaning up penalties. I thought we had already taken care of that. We also had some issues stopping their run game. Gaping holes for their backs. But my congratulations also to the Bearcats on their AAC Championship!!!

Comment

Congrats to the team on a great season. The false starts were a big problem for us against Tulsa - must be related to the long layoff, because we've been strong this season in avoiding penalties. One good thing about playing a game so late in December is that we won't have a long layoff waiting for the bowl game, so hopefully we're sharper in the bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
              Did you see Tulsa had 1 penalty called on them but they were barking out our cadence and trying to imitate Dez to draw us offsides. I think they called it delay of game. Not sure I have ever seen it called before.
              Me neither but the announcer said it happens all the time now and when he played. It is more obvious this year since there are no fans and the ref can hear it now.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                I've seen "Disconcerting Signals" called a few times but I've never heard an opposing team be so obvious about it. Tulsa should have been flagged about 3 or 4 other times during the game.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Was Doaks injured? Probably one of three most glaring issues last night-lack of good run blocking/run game, discipline/penalties and play calling. Putting the awful Ford direct snap call aside, there were just so many repetitive and obvious formations and play calls. Glad to get the win and what a fun season! It was so 2020 to have the concessions close at halftime-probably could have asked for a variance on that as carry out is allowed after 10:00pm everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    Was Doaks injured? Probably one of three most glaring issues last night-lack of good run blocking/run game, discipline/penalties and play calling. Putting the awful Ford direct snap call aside, there were just so many repetitive and obvious formations and play calls. Glad to get the win and what a fun season! It was so 2020 to have the concessions close at halftime-probably could have asked for a variance on that as carry out is allowed after 10:00pm everywhere.
                    Yep Doaks was hurt early in the game. Not entirely sure what happened to him. He got in 7 carries before Ford took over
                    Last edited by Lobot; 12-20-2020, 03:47 PM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big drop off from Doaks to Ford. Ford’s TD was nice, but generally speaking he’s a straight ahead runner that needs pretty big lanes. He’s not all that creative or able to make
                      something out of a little crease.

Comment

Awesome game & season for our Bearcats. The long layoff hurt but we found a way to win. That's what good teams do---they find a way to win. Let's beat GA & end up with a 10-0 season.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X