AAC Championship 12/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Championship 12/19

The AAC title game will be played on the 19th between UC and Tulsa. Very high chance it will be at Nippert but technically we have wait until tonight’s CFP rankings come out to find out for sure. Highest ranked team gets to host.

John Cunningham has requested a variance from the State of Ohio to allow fans for this game. Based on his press release, it would seem we’ve had a significant number of mostly asymptomatic Covid cases since the UCF game. Hopefully we’re able to get a handle on that so the CCG can be played as scheduled.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Looks like a good deal for Uc. Only one game at home, and guys get healthy hopefully. Two wins against Tulsa wouldn't throw us over the hump for the Cfp. They'd discount #2 once they fell in #1.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
      Looks like a good deal for Uc. Only one game at home, and guys get healthy hopefully. Two wins against Tulsa wouldn't throw us over the hump for the Cfp. They'd discount #2 once they fell in #1.
      I actually disagree with this. While Tulsa would drop after out first win, they have also been in the CFP rankings for weeks now. It would be a talking point that we beat them twice, with words about how hard that is to do. I think we dropped to #8 because we haven't been playing and the hype that was building has deflated.

We need to go out and beat the pants off them in the championship game to have any shot to regain on Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

I actually disagree with this. While Tulsa would drop after out first win, they have also been in the CFP rankings for weeks now. It would be a talking point that we beat them twice, with words about how hard that is to do. I think we dropped to #8 because we haven't been playing and the hype that was building has deflated.

We need to go out and beat the pants off them in the championship game to have any shot to regain on Iowa State.
        Problem is...did committee place Iowa State at #7 so when Oklahoma beats them in the Big 12 championship, it provides a narrative for Oklahoma to jump up to #5?
        Cory Huffman
        Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Problem is...did committee place Iowa State at #7 so when Oklahoma beats them in the Big 12 championship, it provides a narrative for Oklahoma to jump up to #5?
          One them will be #5 after that game, I'd almost bet on it.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Dewine just gave variance for uc football game!

Comment

According to Justin Williams on Twitter, Dewine has only relaxed state-wide curfew for sporting events. UC is still waiting to hear on request to allow more fans at the game.

Comment

They have allowed up to 15% capacity already, I believe. UC was not allowing fans aside from family members of players and cheerleaders. So,UC could have allowed fans but chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
                  According to Justin Williams on Twitter, Dewine has only relaxed state-wide curfew for sporting events. UC is still waiting to hear on request to allow more fans at the game.
                  He's already got 2 strikes on him with most of his backers. If he's stupid enough to deny that after giving curfew variance he should be thrown out. If Uc nixes it with no students on campus it won't be a good look.

Comment

When will we find out if we can buy tickets?

Comment

My guess is Uc will send email before the weekend is out.

Comment

The email is coming tomorrow morning to UCATS and students. We get 1500 fans including the spirit squads , friends and family of players and staff.

The state denied the variance request.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          The email is coming tomorrow morning to UCATS and students. We get 1500 fans including the spirit squads , friends and family of players and staff.

The state denied the variance request.
                          What a shame! How do they arrive at a decision where maybe 5,000 fans spread out over a 40,000 seat stadium constitutes a major health risk to the population of Ohio. After friends & family, spirit squad, bands, etc., that would leave what - maybe a couple hundred tix. Really too bad.

Comment

Sam Blum from the Dallas Morning News just reported that this game will not be made up and UC will be declared Conference Champions if either team can’t play this game.

Based on what I know, UC is in good shape Covid wise so far this week.

I do not know what Tulsa has going on currently.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

What a shame! How do they arrive at a decision where maybe 5,000 fans spread out over a 40,000 seat stadium constitutes a major health risk to the population of Ohio. After friends & family, spirit squad, bands, etc., that would leave what - maybe a couple hundred tix. Really too bad.
                              It is a shame on one hand. But with the virus running rampant throughout Ohio (and everywhere) it doesn’t seem prudent to ease restrictions at this time.
                              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X