Knight Commission Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight Commission Recommendations

This is really something but the Knight Commission, who’s task is to advise on college sports reform, just published its findings. It says FBS Football should break off from the NCAA and handle all of its own administration under the CFP system, funded by CFP revenues. All other sports would remain under the NCAA including FCS football and down.

Lots of stuff to discuss here and I’ll get a link to someone’s full story as soon as the publish one.

Here’s the report itself :

https://www.knightcommission.org/202...-fbs-football/
    Last edited by Lobot; 12-03-2020, 03:18 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

My first reaction is that CFP want to keeps all football revenue for FBS with the FBS/CFP system, meaning schools would not be using football revenue to fund other sports that remain under the NCAA.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Oh #^*%#^. The incoming co-chair to this Commission is Nancy Zimpher
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        They will be held to higher academic standards now! Bwahahahahaha
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

W T F I'm sure she will do a Zimpher of a job!

Comment

At risk of sounding cynical it seems this will do little to slow the trend of the rich getting richer.
            "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
              At risk of sounding cynical it seems this will do little to slow the trend of the rich getting richer.
              You don't sound cynical, you sound realistic and speak the truth.

Comment

What could she POSSIBLY bring to the table? It is difficult to imagine she has an unbiased, forward-thinking view that would help this process.

Many have wondered about conference expansion in the future and maybe UC getting an invite to something bigger. I personally think there will be a contraction of the major conferences and that UC will be permanently on the outside looking in.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

What could she POSSIBLY bring to the table? It is difficult to imagine she has an unbiased, forward-thinking view that would help this process.

Many have wondered about conference expansion in the future and maybe UC getting an invite to something bigger. I personally think there will be a contraction of the major conferences and that UC will be permanently on the outside looking in.
                  I agree. And if this happens, Fickell will leave for the first P5 offer he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

I always thought that that would sadly be our destiny. If it does happen, I think we should focus our attention on being a basketball school. We could keep football just for the tradition but allocate resources back toward basketball and not spend so much on football.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

I always thought that that would sadly be our destiny. If it does happen, I think we should focus our attention on being a basketball school. We could keep football just for the tradition but allocate resources back toward basketball and not spend so much on football.
                      - Hope Not.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X