Temple 11/28 Canceled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple 11/28 Canceled

There's a good chance that next Saturday's game in Philly is in jeopardy. The Owls have a major Covid-19 issue. Their game versus ECU was delayed while they tried to see who was available. Eventually, the top 3 QB's were ruled out, while the fourth was suspended. A walk-on played in Temple's 28-3 loss.
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-22-2020, 02:21 PM.

Here are better details of the Owls' QB situation, among other issues:

https://www.inquirer.com/college-spo...-20201121.html

Comment

I hope the Owls COVID situation gets cleared and the young men on both teams get to play.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

We should get the game time and channel about 2:00 today If I'm not mistaken.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was a couple hours off. Thread title has been updated.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is anyone else a bit worried about the long break between Temple and Tulsa? I almost wish they would schedule someone else in-between (even if it's a cupcake) just to keep the team flow going

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
              Is anyone else a bit worried about the long break between Temple and Tulsa? I almost wish they would schedule someone else in-between (even if it's a cupcake) just to keep the team flow going
              Nope. It just allows the coaching staff to prepare better for the game, and time for Ponder to heal.

Comment

I think a week off is just what the doctor ordered at this point. Rest, get healthy, better game planning. This staff has shown great ability to adapt and handle any situation. When they have had extra time, they are that much more creative and prepared. I have found over the years that more injuries occur when you play cupcakes and the guys aren't mentality going all out. I would like to avoid that and enjoy the benefits of the break.

Comment

I like not being injured and frankly I"m secretly hoping Temple Covid cancels on us and we get Tulsa at full strength
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The line opened at UC (-35). Some books have it at (-36.5). Starting QB Anthony Russo has missed four straight games, two for injury & two because of Covid-19. He's listed as questionable for Saturday. Their roster right now is a mess.

Owls fans largely want the game canceled. Many aren't going to watch it.

Comment

This is how bad the Owls' roster situation is:

https://www.inquirer.com/college-spo...-20201123.html

Comment

IF the Temple game is COVID canceled, I hope they play a scrimmage with somewhat even rosters on both sides. Give it as much game atmosphere as possible. Maybe even offer it up to local tv to broadcast or stream it. Two Saturdays off in a row could be good as it was when the first Tulsa game was postponed with a bye week. Though I agree, anything the staff can keep doing to maintain focus.

Comment

PS - I believe the Temple game will be COVID canceled. As much as I hate to say it, playing a decimated roster on the road in a high positivity rate city could be a recipe for disaster.

Comment

At least we have a bye the following week.

Comment

Any updates on the Temple COVID situation?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X