No announcement yet.

All Things Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know, Luke has always worked as his own agent up until now. Jimmy Sexton is not just any agent either. He's solely responsible for for some of the astronomical coaching salaries in the USA Today chart. I would say that Fickell is counting on a big salary increase. Also, in that CBS article, the thing about Bohn comes a little out of left field during the course of the article. Kind of like someone wanted it included on purpose. Either that or Dennis Dodd asked him about USC and didn't mention that he did so and just threw the response in there. Struck me as weird.
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-15-2021, 10:01 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Enjoy the season guys, sounds like it may be Luke's last. With all the seniors and others moving to the NFL it's a good logical time to change jobs for him. Here's hoping he is just vying for a big raise and we can pay him but unlikely we can compete in that department

Comment

He could be using it as a negotiating ploy for higher salaries for him and his staff. With NIL, there are some players that have higher earning potential than the lower portion of the coaches list.

Comment

I don’t worry about coaches leaving. As much as I like Fickell and his staff, UC has had tremendous success in identifying and hiring good coaches. And who can blame Fickell for advancing his career. If he has an opportunity to take job in a city he likes running an elite program, I would not fault him at all for seizing the opportunity. He could stay at UC forever and become a legendary coach in UC’s history but sometimes that is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by steveedwards View Post

A couple interesting points in this article. 1. He likes Mike Bohn. 2. He’s hired an agent.
            Mike Bohn is a likeable guy. Hiring an agent is simply good for Luke's long term interests. It's only speculation that the agent could help find a high 7 figure job, though it is also possible that Luke uses an agent to renegotiate his current deal given that he should be paid as a top-10 coach and isn't yet.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              He could be using it as a negotiating ploy for higher salaries for him and his staff. With NIL, there are some players that have higher earning potential than the lower portion of the coaches list.
              I think this is more likely than him leaving right now.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jimmy Sexton also represents Joe Burrow I think.

Comment

With CLF' s current situation I would think that positioning for a better contract here rather than bouncing is the better option. At least as things seem to be presently. If UC does happen to be included in the playoff scenario coach Fick will have accomplished something that was unthinkable in the past. And yet coming that close (if it occurs) would also show that winning a national championship could very well with a little more work be attainable as well. Imagine the prestige he could obtain just accomplishing the first let alone pulling out a championship here at UC. He could command any dollar amount from any school in the country at that point. If money is what your in the business for.

Comment

If he's going to leave, I'd much rather have him out west vs something regional like Kelley, so he isn't poaching local talent nearly as much. One thing about this job - it comes with one of the best recruiting areas in the country. What have Kelley or Dantonio done since they left here? It's a pretty sweet gig now.

If UC can pay him enough, I don't know why he'd leave at this point, with the Big 12 coming up, and a top 10-15 program. Ohio State seems like the only job that'd make sense, why transplant your family cross-country?

Comment

Just to be clear I don't expect FIckell to leave. I do expect him to renegotiate his contract sometime very soon.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                        I don’t worry about coaches leaving. As much as I like Fickell and his staff, UC has had tremendous success in identifying and hiring good coaches. And who can blame Fickell for advancing his career. If he has an opportunity to take job in a city he likes running an elite program, I would not fault him at all for seizing the opportunity. He could stay at UC forever and become a legendary coach in UC’s history but sometimes that is not enough.
                        With one notable exception.........

Comment

Can't rule out the NFL either I guess

Comment

Although, CLF has shown his loyalty in the past by taking over the UC job while still coaching tosu in their bowl game that year. Unlike Kelly leaving and taking his entire staff with him prior to UC's Sugar bowl. I have to believe that CLF will finish the entire season including the bowl game before he leaves. I do not believe he leaves though.

Comment

I’m not suggesting he will leave. I want him to stay and feel like UC should give him a contract that allows him to stay indefinitely. As I said, he has the opportunity to become a legendary coach here at UC if he continues the current trajectory.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                                I’m not suggesting he will leave. I want him to stay and feel like UC should give him a contract that allows him to stay indefinitely. As I said, he has the opportunity to become a legendary coach here at UC if he continues the current trajectory.
                                What amount do you think he deserves? Can we really afford to pay him his fair market value as we pay exit fees to get into Big 12? Had we received Big 12 invite in 2016 and were just now getting a full share, we could easily do it, but it will take some creative financing (i.e. Big donors) to pay him his value.

I don't think he leaves, nor do I think he wants to leave, so an agent can help assess what he should accept to stay.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X