Central Florida 11/21 3:30 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida 11/21 3:30 ESPN

Time to put up or shut up. We've faced the leading offensive team in the country once already this season and now we get to do it again.

UCF is the leading offense in the country by a decent margin. Dillon Gabriel has thrown for 2774 yards, which is 7 yards behind Shane Buechele. Gabriel also has 28 Totals TDs to his name. UCF also has Marlon WiIlliams who is second in the country in receiving yards. Tre Nixon is actually the number one receiver on the team but he's been out with an injury for weeks now. He dressed for Temple but didn't play. I fully expect him to be available for this weekend barring some kind of practice set back. This makes the offense more dangerous than ever with both Nixon and Williams on the field together. I suspect UCF is just going to lob it up against our DBs and draw flags all game if they can't get completions. I think this is a better offensive team than what we faced against SMU even if Tre Nixon doesn't play. UCF is also 18th in the country in rushing average. Their defense however, is suspect and ranked 60th in total defense.

UC is # 3 in the country in total defense currently. If the D wants to continue their streak of no passing TDs in this game, they're really going to have to stay healthy and play well. Having Elijah Ponder for this game will be big. I'm not sure what his status is for Saturday. We've played two of the top passing offenses in the country this year in SMU and Memphis, and one of the top rushing offenses in Army and shut them all down.

The offense is going to have to generate yards on the ground and keep UCF's offense off the field. UC is ranked 14th in rushing average.
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-15-2020, 02:08 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Time to put or shut up. We've faced the leading offensive team in the country once already this season and now we get to do it again.

UCF is the leading offense in the country by a decent margin. Dillon Gabriel has thrown for 2774 yards, which is 7 yards behind Shane Buechele. Gabriel also has 28 Totals TDs to his name. UCF also has Marlon WiIlliams who is second in the country in receiving yards. Tre Nixon is actually the number one receiver on the team but he's been out with an injury for weeks now. He dressed for Temple but didn't play. I fully expect him to be available for this weekend barring some kind of practice set back. This makes the offense more dangerous than ever with both Nixon and Williams on the field together. I suspect UCF is just going to lob it up against our DBs and draw flags all game if they can't get completions. I think this is a better offensive team than what we faced against SMU even if Tre Nixon doesn't play. UCF is also 18th in the country in rushing average. Their defense however, is suspect and ranked 60th in total defense.

UC is # 3 in the country in total defense currently. If the D wants to continue their streak of no passing TDs in this game, they're really going to have to stay healthy and play well. Having Elijah Ponder for this game will be big. I'm not sure what his status is for Saturday. We've played two of the top passing offenses in the country this year in SMU and Memphis, and one of the top rushing offenses in Army and shut them all down.

The offense is going to have to generate yards on the ground and keep UCF's offense off the field. UC is ranked 14th in rushing average.
    This is the one that concerns me - I know Temple historically plays us tough, but they really aren't all that good this year and Tulsa had troubles on their own field against teams we've destroyed. Without some sort of let up, which is hard to foresee, we should win those 2 comfortably. Get by UCF and the prospect of an undefeated league championship becomes very real indeed.

Comment

There has been a lot of member activity on the board recently. I think it's a good time to solicit weekly game predictions.

UC - 45
      Knights - 24

Our defense is good and their offense is good. I expect our defense to limit effectiveness, lots of short drives or 3 and outs. They will score a couple of times on broken long plays, but will have trouble sustaining drives. Conversely, Ridder has our offense operating in high gear and I don't see UCF stopping us much. This game won't be as close as the score I predicted because they will still be trying very hard in the closing minutes not to be completely embarrassed at home.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

As usual, Fickell did not really speak about injuries. He suggested Ponder, Labelle and co. would most likely give it a go in this game.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The line right now is UC (-5.5), wtth an OU of 63. There will be about 11K fans in attendance, so there will be some noise, but not to the extent that the Cats had to endure in 2018.

Both teams are going to be pumped. But defense (UC advantage) and a strong running game (UC advantage) travel.

Cats, 31-21

Comment

I will probably change my mind about this 6 more times before game time (and at least twice DURING the game), but I am going with a near repeat 28-24 UC victory.

Comment

Really good breakdown of UC at UCF plus some mailbag questions about CFP and NY6 ($).

How Cincinnati’s defense, UCF’s offense are viewed by opposing coaches: G5 Drive
              https://theathletic.com/2204181/2020...shared_article
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UCF wins games with their up tempo offense. It's hard to determine how we will do against it, but our guys have to be ready to go on defense as soon as the ref sets the ball. That means they have to be mentally focused. It also takes some of our depth out of the game as we aren't able to sub and rotate players no defense. I think UCF will get away with a few tempo plays on us. They tend to slow down in the red zone, so hopefully, we can hold them to a bunch of field goals.

Prediction: UC 42 UCF 24

Comment

The good thing is most of defense have seen it before so there should be no surprises there.

I fully expect we'll see some gambling on all those outs they throw to the wr's. Gardner got one last year for the big score so i would expect no less. Key is to pressure the qb. He's shown he can make mistakes. Can't give him a lot of time to throw the ball.

Comment

Ponder is out per Justin Williams. Vann and Brooks will play his spot. LaBelle is a game time decision and may play
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It’s currently pouring down rain in Orlando
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tre Nixon is dressed and warming up for UCF
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Great Game!! Team got it together after a rough start and really said something about their character. A bit too cute at the end but a W is a W. Kudos for another gutty performance by Ridder. Defense rose to the occasion when they had to. I can't remember when we kicked that many field goals. On to Temple.

Comment

I didn't think UC had a prayer the way UCF started. Very impressed with the win, go Cats!

Comment

Great win. Another big time game by Ridder. In addition to the win, we found out we have two TE's that will play on Sunday.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X