Best Team Ever, Better than 2009?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Team Ever, Better than 2009?

UC had a great year in 2009, but remember, we struggled to beat Fresno State, Illinois, and of course Pitt at the end of the season.

The current UC team is very well balanced. There is not, IMHO, a weak link on the team. Special teams are great, the D, the O, coaching...all are very good.

I honesty think that this is the BEST team in the history of UC Football, and I predict (along w/ many experts), that UC will be playing Georgia in the Peach Bowl on January 1. Another good matchup would be UC playing BYU. No way "the committee" lets a Group of 5 team into the National Championship Final 4.

Thoughts?

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

UC still must take care of business with the most difficult schedule remaining to be played. There is an outside chance they could make the playoff, but it is a long shot with very many contingencies that have to occur. As fans, we have to enjoy the ride as this is the best team in UC history, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
      UC had a great year in 2009, but remember, we struggled to beat Fresno State, Illinois, and of course Pitt at the end of the season.

The current UC team is very well balanced. There is not, IMHO, a weak link on the team. Special teams are great, the D, the O, coaching...all are very good.

I honesty think that this is the BEST team in the history of UC Football, and I predict (along w/ many experts), that UC will be playing Georgia in the Peach Bowl on January 1. Another good matchup would be UC playing BYU. No way "the committee" lets a Group of 5 team into the National Championship Final 4.

Thoughts?

B.C.
      I think a game against BYU would be most interesting and entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I think a game against BYU would be most interesting and entertaining.
        I would like to see this as a "play-in" type game but not as our actual bowl game. Us playing each other in a bowl would only serve to solidify the perception the Power 5 should only play each other. I want a chance at one of those P5 schools to give a better benchmark for our team and also the opportunity to smack them around a little.

As for the question about the best team ever, I think it is too early to tell. There is some reason to think some of the other teams we have played weren't as good as initially thought. I am looking forward to the rest of the season. I have such fond memories of the '09 squad, it is hard for me to think of them as second best.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

As for the question about the best team ever, I think it is too early to tell. There is some reason to think some of the other teams we have played weren't as good as initially thought. I am looking forward to the rest of the season. I have such fond memories of the '09 squad, it is hard for me to think of them as second best.
          That team was special from Zach running for the td after Tony was hurt to Mardy Gilyard refusing to let the team lose. Remember his TD earlier in the game set up the Pike to Binns miracle. I'll always treasure being in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl and seeing all of the busloads of fans pulling into town.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X