Memphis 10/31 12:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis 10/31 12:00 ESPN

Happy Halloween. Despite the opt outs of Memphis’ Gainwell and Coxie, the Tigers remain pretty scary on offense. I think this will be more of a challenge than SMU even though we are at Nippert.

Memphis outscored UCF in their matchup at the Liberty Bowl which is saying something considering there was 1700 yards of total offense in that game and both teams put up 49 plus points.

Our defense is better than UCF’s for sure but this will be a challenge especially if the secondary is not healthy. I have not seen or heard anything on the condition of Ahmad Gardner and we probably won’t hear anything until Tuesday, if then.

to be continued ...
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The caveat Memphis always seem to bring to the table is speed. That's hard to bottle up for the whole game. If we can eliminate them getting huge chunks and easy points and make them sustain drives I think we will be fine.

Comment

I like the fact that we have a ton of guys who have two losses last year in their gut. That's always a motivating factor, particularly the way we lost the the second game. I expect them to be jacked up, hopefully not to much. I'm liking the fact that were at home.

Comment

Memphis is already whining about being told they’d have to their walkthrough in a parking lot because FC Cincinnati has a game Wednesday night. Grounds crew has to re-line the field after the game the next day and a half.

Commercial Appeal writer Mark Giannotto is calling us bush league for this. Mark is an idiot.
        Last edited by Lobot; 10-26-2020, 09:09 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Update: According to Justin Williams, no one has used Nippert on Friday for 5 years because of the FCC field painting issue. We offered Memphis Sheakley after our practice and it was too late in the day for them and they declined.

Mark is still an idiot
          Last edited by Lobot; 10-26-2020, 02:53 PM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Anyone else here at the game vs (then) Memphis State on Halloween in 1993? It snowed 6 inches that day. The game was played under protest by Memphis after we drove down for a field goal try in the closing seconds. We called a timeout and a member of the grounds crew drove onto the field on a tractor fitted with a snow plow. He plowed an area for our kicker who came in and drilled the game winner. My wife of less than one month was with me that day along with another couple. She still gives me a hard time for being at that game with me...but 27 years later, she is still with me! Let's beat 'em again on Halloween!!!

Comment

No injury updates in the presser today. Hopefully we'll know more before game time.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

News came early. McClelland is scheduled for ACL surgery. It’s the other knee this time and not the same one he blew out last season. I feel terrible for him.

LaBelle is day to day with a knee issue.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
                  Anyone else here at the game vs (then) Memphis State on Halloween in 1993? It snowed 6 inches that day. The game was played under protest by Memphis after we drove down for a field goal try in the closing seconds. We called a timeout and a member of the grounds crew drove onto the field on a tractor fitted with a snow plow. He plowed an area for our kicker who came in and drilled the game winner. My wife of less than one month was with me that day along with another couple. She still gives me a hard time for being at that game with me...but 27 years later, she is still with me! Let's beat 'em again on Halloween!!!
                  I was there. Not to be contrarian, but UC had a guy with a snow shovel clear the area, not a snow blower. I remember it distinctly. He was out there for probably just 10 seconds, clearing a pathway for the PK to make the kick.

B.C.
                  "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Here's Keith Jenkin's cincinnati.com article on UM's personnel:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...nt/3757495001/

Comment

I was poking around Sports-reference.com. The thing that sticks out to me is the we have lost 5 in a row to Memphis. However, this weekend will be first time we have played them at home under Luke Fickell.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's becoming apparent that this team is for real. That was a butt kicking. Brady White threw for 316 yards, but he had to fire it 34 times. Plus, 92 of the yards came on their WR screen in the 1st quarter.

Bring on the Cougars.

Comment

Yeah. We keep playing like this and we're playing in an NY6 game if not the CFP. That was impressive particularly from the defense. Memphis had 3 yards rushing and didn't turn positive until the end of the game. Myjai Sanders was in the backfield all day long. That's 2 weeks in a row where the D has shut down a high powered offense.

Bush and Pierce look like they're out for a while which is a big loss

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401212543
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The best game from our Bearcats in quite a while. Defense great. Ridder had a complete game and made good decisions with the ball. Fingers crossed for Bush and Pierce.

Comment

Fantastic game & about time we beat Memphis. Bring on Houston!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X