Smu 10/24 9:00 espn2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
    This offensive line is miles ahead of where we've been the past few years. Hudson really seemed to solidify the left side at the bowl game last year and has kept going. He had that silly penalty yesterday, but the kicker covered for him. He's got a little bit of nasty in him and that seems to be wearing off on the younger guys. Ridder's inability to hit the mid to long range ball though is troubling. They didn't need it yesterday, but after the first quarter they lined up a lot of folks in the box and really started to shut us down. The more tape people get on this team it will become clear how to defend us. Although he ran great yesterday, I'm not sure he can lead us to undefeated in the regular season.
    I am always harping on no mistake football, but i'll take the kind of penalty we saw with Hudson. They definitely "out physicaled" them last night, and i think there is an element of intimidation that this team takes on which helps them. A couple of those face mask on the db's were more accidental than anything. Their coverage is outstanding, and i think being in the wr's grills constantly wears on a team over the course of a game. Just have to keep up the intensity each week, and if we avoid giving up points off of turnovers we should win games. D really helped a ton cleaning up those two turnovers last night, but give the offense credit as they ran the ball down their throats. Bad injury looked to be Charles McClelland reinjuring the knee on kick coverage. Tough luck, but looked like he was not able to put weight on the leg. They looked to be working on a knee.

Comment

This might be Paywalled but if you can read it, here's the local writeup.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/sm...-loss-of-2020/

Enquirer:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ar/6028860002/

Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X