Tulsa 12/12 Cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa 12/12 Cancelled

Bye week and then Tulsa, who is much better than you might think and receiving votes in the polls despite being 1-1. A comeback win against UCF and holding OK St to 16 points will do that for you.

The stats for Tulsa and UC are surprisingly similar. Based on what they did against their two oppopnents, the Golden Hurricane defense is almost as good as ours. Tulsa is giving up 21ppg and UC 12.3. They're both in the top 20 in Total Defense. The offensive stats are also pretty equal with a nod to the Bearcats in rushing yards.

This will be Tulsa's first home game. I'm going to guess they will have some fans in the stands as the state of Oklahoma has been pretty lax on protocols for COVID. It's the Bearcats first road game of the season and hopefully the defense travels. I don't know what to expect from the offense honestly. Eventually things are due to click at least a little. If we don't do it this week, the next game against SMU is really going to be a problem.

The guys you've got to stop on Tulsa are Keylon Stokes at WR and Deneric Prince at RB.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/202
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-05-2020, 05:39 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Updated with time and channel
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thank goodness it's not on espn+. The picture quality sucks big time!

Comment

Yep, they beat UCF, but honestly, with 10 players opting out at UCF, is UCF really that good? They did beat up on ECU, but then again so did Georgia State.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Updated with time and channel
          That's like the internet signal you're using. I've watched both games on a smart tv and the picture quality was not distinguishable from my satellite dish tv. I was surprised by it honestly.

It helped with Tulsa beating Ucf and upping the game's attraction. Hold your breath though as they've changed them before once they announce them.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

That's like the internet signal you're using. I've watched both games on a smart tv and the picture quality was not distinguishable from my satellite dish tv. I was surprised by it honestly.

It helped with Tulsa beating Ucf and upping the game's attraction. Hold your breath though as they've changed them before once they announce them.
            This seems to have turned out not to be a gimmie. Not only did they beat UCF @ UCF but they lost a tough away game @ Okie St. If Ridder doesn't perform better than he has in the first 3 games this year this could turn into a long afternoon! Boy, I hope not, maybe Bryant will be available.

Comment

We lost the last time we played there back in 2016 40-37 in ot.

Comment

Fortunately, this team isn’t coached by the incoming junior US Senator from Alabama, like that one was.

Comment

Both teams are much better than 2016. For sake of the conference, I hope Tulsa is for real this year. I have to think they are too much run first and our defense too elite to think the scoring will be over 20 points each. Our defense will significantly slow their offense and yet will be a close game. Any team that holds a Big 12 team to 16 points is playing great D. Our Offense hasn't hit on all cylinders yet. Field goals will play a big part. Touchdowns should be less common in this game.

Prediction

Bearcats: 23
                  Golden Hurricane: 13
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I think we'll be ok if we do not turn the ball over. Turn the ball over on the road and you're in trouble.

Comment

I think we'll be ok if we do not turn the ball over. Turn the ball over on the road and you're in trouble.
                      Considering how many turnovers we just had at home against a much inferior defense, this may be easier said than done. Ridder needs to take care of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by MI Bearcat View Post

Considering how many turnovers we just had at home against a much inferior defense, this may be easier said than done. Ridder needs to take care of the ball.
                        That's what worries me!

Comment

Here's an article from the Tulsa World on the strength of the Hurricane squad: Defense. They, like UC, employ a 3-3-5 base formation.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...51dd99059.html

Comment

The game for this Saturday has been postponed until Dec. 5
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

According to McMurphy, UC COVID issues are the source of the cancellation
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X