X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Tulsa 12/12 TBA TBA

Tulsa 12/12 TBA TBA

Bye week and then Tulsa, who is much better than you might think and receiving votes in the polls despite being 1-1. A comeback win against UCF and holding OK St to 16 points will do that for you.

The stats for Tulsa and UC are surprisingly similar. Based on what they did against their two oppopnents, the Golden Hurricane defense is almost as good as ours. Tulsa is giving up 21ppg and UC 12.3. They're both in the top 20 in Total Defense. The offensive stats are also pretty equal with a nod to the Bearcats in rushing yards.

This will be Tulsa's first home game. I'm going to guess they will have some fans in the stands as the state of Oklahoma has been pretty lax on protocols for COVID. It's the Bearcats first road game of the season and hopefully the defense travels. I don't know what to expect from the offense honestly. Eventually things are due to click at least a little. If we don't do it this week, the next game against SMU is really going to be a problem.

The guys you've got to stop on Tulsa are Keylon Stokes at WR and Deneric Prince at RB.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/202
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-05-2020, 05:39 PM.

• Lobot
    replied
    Date change and we’re TBA again

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Date and time have changed here.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Nice writeup on what generally happened with COVID testing ($)

https://theathletic.com/2140873/2020...k-at-uc-means/

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Barklee View Post

We might have to reschedule SMU, if we have a 14 day quarantine
    I doubt that the SMU game will be affected. Shut down practices/activities, and keep testing. The 14 day quarantine for close contacts is without testing. CDC provides close contacts can resume activities if they have two negative tests at least one day between testing. The vast majority of players should be able to resume practice early next week (pending their continued testing and adherence to safety protocols. Next Man In. Even players that were tested positive have a shot at playing in the SMU game.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Barklee View Post

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't play another game this season. The COVID is much more prevalent, but it is becoming much less lethal.

Was looking forward to the game Saturday, but I had a really "bad" feeling about it.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Barklee
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

Dean Straka with CBS just confirmed the same. It really sucks to find out that we are the issue. Was hoping that we could keep it together without any issues. This means we will now have 3 weeks off before playing SMU in Dallas, which is not ideal.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    The AAC title game had wiggle room built in. It can either be played on Dec. 12 or 19 depending on need. I’m betting it will be on the 19th because this is probably not the last cancellation we’ll see.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The game for this Saturday has been postponed until Dec. 5
    I am glad we have schedule flexibility to move game to December. For those testing positive, prayers for speedy recovery and mild or no symptoms. Get well soon, then get back out there.

Leave a comment:

• Gilenerm
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    According to McMurphy, UC COVID issues are the source of the cancellation
    Dean Straka with CBS just confirmed the same. It really sucks to find out that we are the issue. Was hoping that we could keep it together without any issues. This means we will now have 3 weeks off before playing SMU in Dallas, which is not ideal.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    According to McMurphy, UC COVID issues are the source of the cancellation

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    The game for this Saturday has been postponed until Dec. 5

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Here's an article from the Tulsa World on the strength of the Hurricane squad: Defense. They, like UC, employ a 3-3-5 base formation.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...51dd99059.html

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Originally posted by MI Bearcat View Post

Considering how many turnovers we just had at home against a much inferior defense, this may be easier said than done. Ridder needs to take care of the ball.
    That's what worries me!

Leave a comment:

• MI Bearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by coach View Post
    I think we'll be ok if we do not turn the ball over. Turn the ball over on the road and you're in trouble.
    Considering how many turnovers we just had at home against a much inferior defense, this may be easier said than done. Ridder needs to take care of the ball.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X