X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Tulsa 12/12 Cancelled

Tulsa 12/12 Cancelled

Bye week and then Tulsa, who is much better than you might think and receiving votes in the polls despite being 1-1. A comeback win against UCF and holding OK St to 16 points will do that for you.

The stats for Tulsa and UC are surprisingly similar. Based on what they did against their two oppopnents, the Golden Hurricane defense is almost as good as ours. Tulsa is giving up 21ppg and UC 12.3. They're both in the top 20 in Total Defense. The offensive stats are also pretty equal with a nod to the Bearcats in rushing yards.

This will be Tulsa's first home game. I'm going to guess they will have some fans in the stands as the state of Oklahoma has been pretty lax on protocols for COVID. It's the Bearcats first road game of the season and hopefully the defense travels. I don't know what to expect from the offense honestly. Eventually things are due to click at least a little. If we don't do it this week, the next game against SMU is really going to be a problem.

The guys you've got to stop on Tulsa are Keylon Stokes at WR and Deneric Prince at RB.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/202
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-05-2020, 05:39 PM.

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    I read through numerous comments at a Tulsa message board and let's just say they're spewing venom, with one clown even accusing UC of running a dirty program. They're trashing the city and demand that the AAC move the championship game to a neutral site. Not surprising.

Just win, baby!

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Yep, it's good it's out there now. It's been kind of assumed we were just waiting to play or schedule people at will. Much different situation behind the scene.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here’s today’s press conference with Fickell. We’ve been out of the building for 2 weeks because of Covid. Today was the first day back on the field. Probably a good thing this was canned by the conference. We’re probably not up to speed conditioning wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUdjmHb4GE

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    With the chilly weather and UC's 17 game home winning streak, UC wins by 20.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    This is good for us. We weren't going to get any added swag for beating Tulsa twice regardless of what anyone thinks. They're going to be off two weeks as well. I would have rather played one game for it all from the start particularly swapping a time change game at Tulsa for a home game in cold weather here. Not to mention they're lobbying Dewine to let fans in on a limited basis. Beat them soundly and it's all good.

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    just another in a long line of disappointments in 2020. The good news is that we haven't had anyone seriously affected - well at least that we know of - and we are well stocked for 2021. I am concerned about playing in a championship game where we haven't played for four weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    This game has been cancelled entirely as of today. It will not be made up and we will see Tulsa next weekend in the AAC Championship. The site will be determined by the CFP rankings that come out tonight (?), which means it will 99.9% be at Nippert.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    And now they are announced .

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Time and channel are still To be Announced. Seems like we found out last week about this time day.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Date change and we’re TBA again

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Date and time have changed here.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Nice writeup on what generally happened with COVID testing ($)

https://theathletic.com/2140873/2020...k-at-uc-means/

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Barklee View Post

We might have to reschedule SMU, if we have a 14 day quarantine
    I doubt that the SMU game will be affected. Shut down practices/activities, and keep testing. The 14 day quarantine for close contacts is without testing. CDC provides close contacts can resume activities if they have two negative tests at least one day between testing. The vast majority of players should be able to resume practice early next week (pending their continued testing and adherence to safety protocols. Next Man In. Even players that were tested positive have a shot at playing in the SMU game.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Barklee View Post

We might have to reschedule SMU, if we have a 14 day quarantine
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't play another game this season. The COVID is much more prevalent, but it is becoming much less lethal.

Was looking forward to the game Saturday, but I had a really "bad" feeling about it.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X