Army 9/26 3:30 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army 9/26 3:30 ESPN

The Bearcats get their yearly dose of triple option this week. Army has played ULM and MTSU so far and rolled up an average of 388 yards rushing in those two games. They were supposed to play BYU this weekend and that got postponed. The Black Knights come in ranked 22 before today's polls come out.

On the flipside, Army has passed for a grand total of 57 yards. This means the DBs have to tackle in space in run support and remember not to get too sucked in case they do throw over the top.

I'm looking at the box score and the sheer amount of RBs on the Army roster that have touched the ball this season is crazy. If there's a single guy you have to worry about it's Buchanan. The QB, Anderson, has the most attempts but the average is quite a bit lower than Buchanan's

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/349
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-26-2020, 10:54 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Army is 22/26 in the Polls this week. Per Justin Williams this is the first time we've had two ranked teams playing each other in Nippert since Pitt in 2008.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks like Army's defense is not too bad either. Currently ranked #4 in yards allowed. Although the teams they beat were not great (Middle Tenn & LA-Monroe). That said, last year they lost to MI in OT, beat Navy, held Wake Forest, Duke, & Temple to 13. So their defense should not be taken lightly.

Comment

The line is currently at UC -15.5 and climbing. I’m not a gambler but I’m not sure I would take that bet. Unless we do them what we did to Navy it will be closer than people think
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Alex Pierce will be out again this week according to Fickell. Had his knee scoped. Might return for Tulsa on 10/17
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Standby on the TV time. The game before us on ABC has been postponed
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Andddd they gave the spot to UCF instead
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                I really hope we destroy UCF this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  I prefer 3:30 games on Saturday. The noon games miss many people who work and sleep in REALLY LATE. The 7:30-8 "Prime Time" games catch more casual fans than hardcore. I'm glad we didn't get moved to noon.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I’m not a fan of noon games in any sport. We always seem to sleepwalk through those
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those who couldn't read the Justin WIlliams article from earlier this week becuase of the Athletic paywall, Keith Jenkins filed an article on the Army Triple Option. I think this one is free.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ac/3522770001/
                      Last edited by Lobot; 09-26-2020, 10:55 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Speaking of the Enquirer. They published the wrong game time in the printed paper today. The game is definitely at 3:30 ET and not Noon.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I’m really tired of watching Ridder play. He’s awful.
                          My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                            I’m really tired of watching Ridder play. He’s awful.
                            I don't think he is awful, but he is missing some wide open receivers. I will not be surprised to see Bryant get some playing time today. I was hoping they would let Bryant air it out on the one play he came in on when Ridder's helmet came off. Army would be expecting a run play there, and Bryant could have maybe stung them long.

Comment

I agree that Ridder is way off. The d is keeping them in. I decided to watch on ESPNPlus without moderators. they missed a few plays especially the blocked punt, but overall it is a nice change.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X