Austin Peay 9/19 12:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Peay 9/19 12:00 ESPN+

The Austin Peay game has been moved to Saturday the 19th. TV and game time to be announced.
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-01-2020, 12:10 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The Austin Peay game has been moved to Saturday the 19th. TV and game time to be announced.
    Apparently the OVC cancelled the conference games for the fall, but is allowing each member school to play non-conference games if they wish. With the loss of their head coach during the summer I'm kinda surprised they still want to go ahead with our game - though it's probably a decent money maker for them.

Comment

You can scout the Governors tonight on ESPN as they take on Central Arkansas in the first game of the year. That’s a 9:00 ET start.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

AP will be down some key players tonight. Looks like some of them were forced to quarantine because people they live with are positive for COVID
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I see that APSU signed to play at Pitt. Those are the same Panthers that turned UC down. Just win, baby!

Comment

The Governors fell, 24-17 to Central Arkansas. In what had been a defensive slugfest, with C AR leading, 16-10, APSU hit a big pass that set up a QB keeper TD with 1:40 left. Then, their defense became a sieve. C AR completed a 30-yard back shoulder fade to the 10 and scored on the next play with another fade that was wide open. The two-point conversion on a swing pass easily found the end zone. APSU came right back, with a long pass to the 30. After three weak passing attempts, the Govs' QB ran a draw and found the left sideline inside the 20 with 0:02 remaining. His next pass, though, was a duck that a DB easily picked off.

APSU run almost all of their offense from variations of the Pistol, including using two wings, allowing them to run option similar to the military academies, which is usually run from under center. Their starting running back is Brian Snead, a former 5* recruit who was booted from the Buckeyes and spent a year at a JUCO.

Comment

I think we are going to see a lot of Bearcat rushing in the opener. Not good defensively against the run. Rb's get ready.

Comment

After watching the Pistol like offense for a bit last night I'd say that game really fits the schedule nicely with Army's triple option coming up a week afterwards.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Game time and TV coverage announced as 12:00 on ESPN
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This game was just punted to ESPN+. That’s a relatively new subscription streaming service for those who aren’t familiar with it. You can sign up for it individually at ESPN’s site on a per month basis or as a bundle with Hulu and a Disney+.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

yuck, do I really wanna pay $5 to watch a beatdown of Austin Pee high school? I guess... I already have disney and hulu separately

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                        yuck, do I really wanna pay $5 to watch a beatdown of Austin Pee high school? I guess... I already have disney and hulu separately
                        You can move up to the bundle for cheap then. Call the support line for Hulu/Disney and they'll bundle it for $12.99/month I think? That might be a promo rate. If you have Hulu Live TV like I do, you defintely have to call and it's like an additional $1.27 on your bill.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Got it installed on my TV. I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!! Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

You can move up to the bundle for cheap then. Call the support line for Hulu/Disney and they'll bundle it for $12.99/month I think? That might be a promo rate. If you have Hulu Live TV like I do, you defintely have to call and it's like an additional $1.27 on your bill.
                            I think mine is cheaper, I got the $2/mo Hulu and I did a year of Disney at a discount as well. I'll probably upgrade to the package when those are over or ESPN becomes necessary. I've got YouTube TV for streaming and like it better than Hulu Live, I wish PS Vue survived it was the best for sports

Comment

Per gobearcats.com, the Cats were bumped off to ESPN+ in favor of Tulsa vs Okie State on ESPN.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X