Polls 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    UC should move up at least 1 spot in the polls. The defense is top tier, and I'd love to see them play an elite offense. The offense has put together back-to-back great games, but against mediorce to bad defenses. We are currently the best G5 team with really only BYU close.

With Ok St loss, there could very few undefeated teams after conference championship games. The team will focus on the next game. As a fan, we can look ahead, play the what-if game. If BYU and UC are vying for the 4th CFP spot, and their QB is still in Heisman hunt...do you pick a team with elite defense or an elite QB?
    I think they take UC on the basis of BYU being an independent. BYU basically have no guarantee of of either CFP at large or NY6 because of the lack of conference affiliation. They do not have the same agreement as ND does with the CFP. Also if you look at BYU's schedule. They've beaten Houston and Navy and those are their strongest opponents. The rest of their schedule is trash until this weekend when they get a ranked Boise St in Boise. They still have to play SDSU at the end of the season as well. Not sure what they're going to do with the Army game. It's listed as postponed but they could conceivably reschedule it for Dec 19. BYU is very good but their schedule strength isn't going to help them out here
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As expected, up to #6

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
      Last edited by Lobot; 11-01-2020, 03:42 PM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I think they take UC on the basis of BYU being an independent. BYU basically have no guarantee of of either CFP at large or NY6 because of the lack of conference affiliation. They do not have the same agreement as ND does with the CFP. Also if you look at BYU's schedule. They've beaten Houston and Navy and those are their strongest opponents. The rest of their schedule is trash until this weekend when they get a ranked Boise St in Boise. They still have to play SDSU at the end of the season as well. Not sure what they're going to do with the Army game. It's listed as postponed but they could conceivably reschedule it for Dec 19. BYU is very good but their schedule strength isn't going to help them out here

I'll take Boise in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

I'll take Boise in that game.
          I think Boise takes down BYU too, and definitely rooting for BSU. We can only play the games in front of us.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I will take BYU. Their QB is smooth and they are bigger and more physical than Boise. Having said that, I will be rooting for Boise.

Comment

https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/1...20-ucf-memphis
              One person's take about the bias of the selection committee. "Enjoy Cincinnati for what they are, because the playoff committee surely won’t"

Comment

BYU and the Bearcats would be a helluva game. Hard to choose between them. Boise was limited with 3rd string freshman QB so they didn't give it their best shot..Unfortunately Covid is playing a big role in a lot of outcomes and we have been fortunate so far. Bearcats are really getting some respect. A national TV opportunity today would go a long way in the eye test if we play well. I agree our conference affiliation is preferred to an independent. Its a shame we missed our Nebraska opportunity which could have put us over the top. Usually fan followings to bowl games weighs heavily in decisions. Both BYU and UC would travel well normally but Covid negates that factor as well.
                Just take em one at a time, keep racking up W's, and things will take care of themselves.Go Bearcats!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. For those who didn't watch the game Boise lost the starting qb on i believe it's first offensive series to what looked like a concussion on a run. Kind of a freak play, but once you saw the backups you knew it was game over. Although watching Boise, they are not where they've been recently and looked like a rebuilding year for them. I had not seen them play in their first 2 games, but didn't have the quickness they typically possess.

Comment

I'm a little worried BYU will jump us in the polls soon. A lot of the talking heads at ESPN like them better, especially Herbstreit who I've always hated... He can't stand Cincinnati because his heart is only for O$U.

Comment

I disagree on Herbie. I think he is objective and fair. I haven't noticed any negative sentiment towards UC he is a big REDS fan and Fickell supporter.
                      BYU can't jump us (at least in the polls) unless we lose, then they would deserve to. Voting for the playoffs is another story. If the big boys take care of business, 3 of those spots are locked up. If ND loses 1 or 2 they are probably out. The 4th spot is a PAC 12 team if they play enough games and have an undefeated option., or BYU or UC also if undefeated. Lots can still happen - just keep winning.

Comment

I must admit that BYU looked awfully good last night against Boise St., although Boise was playing their 3rd string QB.

B.C.
                        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Hopefully the Army/BYU game gets rescheduled so we can see where we stand. I'm a bit worried that Memphis is losing to USF right now and SMU is struggling wtih Temple... maybe these teams we have been running over aren't as good as in years past.

Tulsa to close the season might end up being a big test.

Comment

I expect to to fall to #7 when the polls come out this morning. Florida upsetting Georgia will vault them past us probably and I expect that SEC bias might send Texas A&M past us as well. Florida's lone loss is to A&M. A&M lost to Alabama. We haven't played teams of that difficulty at all.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I agree. I expected both Fla and A&M to pass us and deservedly so. Hopefully that drop still keeps us probably 1 spot ahead of BYU. Interesting to see what they do with Clemson. A ND loss would have simplified this and that result really hurts our chances.

Comment

I think numerically we'll end up the same this week. Not sure where the hopping goes on, but i say we land at 6.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X