No announcement yet.

Polls 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that our highest ranking since the perfect season?

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
      Is that our highest ranking since the perfect season?
      Just think where we might be if we had a qb who could actually find receivers downfield?

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Just think where we might be if we had a qb who could actually find receivers downfield?
        Funny, I was thinking as I read this that no one has seen us play except the Army game because of ESPN+. We're just 3-0 and it looks good on paper to voters.

Beyond that we're 11 in the AP poll as well and moved up even though some PAC 12 teams entered the poll this week. Still don't have the MW or MAC in the polls.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
        Last edited by Lobot; 10-04-2020, 03:12 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but based on our performance to date it seems we're overrated. It's the first time I can recall that we've gotten more credit than we deserve. The people who vote in the polls must not have seen us play. I think we've got great talent and coaches and that we'll play better, but until we do I have a hard time believing we're the 11th best team in the country. I guess I should enjoy it.

Comment

We are overrated because the original voting did not include all the power conferences that said they weren't going to play, Prior to those announcements we were rated in the mid 20's which I think is more accurate. To their credit, we are not being penalized for the big boys decision to reenter participation, Its not fair to drop us and others if we keep winning even if it is somewhat overrating. A couple of losses and we will drop like a rock. We should enjoy it while we can and hope we can keep winning and sustain our lofty rating. The longer we stay there the tougher it will be to push us down should we lose. On that basis the next 2 games are critical. I agree we are good and hopefully getting better but all we have done so far is take care of business against mediocre competition who we beat without playing our best ball.

Comment

Up to 10 in the Coaches poll this week.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And now # 8 in the AP. Highest ranking since 2009.

How are we feeling about this?

I’m feeling overrated until the offense gets it together
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The defense may warrant that ranking, especially based on how other team’s defenses are performing. But, the offense is not even top 25. Overrated for certain.

Comment

Ask me after the Tulsa game, but right now I think we’re more like a top 25 team.

B.C.
                    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Definitely feel overrated...but isnt it nice we have earned the right to be overrated! Program deserves this ranking

Comment

Here's a real outlier from Bruce Feldman of The Athletic ($): No, not Clemson, GA & Bama on top. He has the Bearcats next at #4. As much as I'm a big fan, that's an awful stretch at this point.

Comment

Until Ridder starts playing better, I think we are more like a #18-25 team. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the other QB's get some play time. I hope Prater gets a chance at the starting job next year since Ridder will be back yet again.

Comment

As stated above, I saw this week's rankings and didn't feel deserved to be that high. Our QB play hasn't been elite, though a stingy defense could be the reasoning. I don't know why Feldman would have us so darned high? Maybe we get there once everyone else is done beating up on conference foes, but that requires us surviving many tough games of our own. I think the Program deserves the recognition and it is a testament to the outstanding job Luke and staff are doing.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                              As stated above, I saw this week's rankings and didn't feel deserved to be that high. Our QB play hasn't been elite, though a stingy defense could be the reasoning. I don't know why Feldman would have us so darned high? Maybe we get there once everyone else is done beating up on conference foes, but that requires us surviving many tough games of our own. I think the Program deserves the recognition and it is a testament to the outstanding job Luke and staff are doing.
                              I wonder if Feldman was playing to the audience. Justin Williams is one of only 28 "beat writers" for D1 football programs working for The Athletic, and the only one writing for a G5 school.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I wonder if Feldman was playing to the audience. Justin Williams is one of only 28 "beat writers" for D1 football programs working for The Athletic, and the only one writing for a G5 school.
                                Could be. You'd probably be better off with Chris Vannini's articles than Feldman's. Vannini does a national G5 drive column once a week usually
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X