Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London 'Cat
    replied
    The defense may warrant that ranking, especially based on how other team’s defenses are performing. But, the offense is not even top 25. Overrated for certain.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    And now # 8 in the AP. Highest ranking since 2009.

How are we feeling about this?

I’m feeling overrated until the offense gets it together

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Up to 10 in the Coaches poll this week.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    We are overrated because the original voting did not include all the power conferences that said they weren't going to play, Prior to those announcements we were rated in the mid 20's which I think is more accurate. To their credit, we are not being penalized for the big boys decision to reenter participation, Its not fair to drop us and others if we keep winning even if it is somewhat overrating. A couple of losses and we will drop like a rock. We should enjoy it while we can and hope we can keep winning and sustain our lofty rating. The longer we stay there the tougher it will be to push us down should we lose. On that basis the next 2 games are critical. I agree we are good and hopefully getting better but all we have done so far is take care of business against mediocre competition who we beat without playing our best ball.

Leave a comment:

• djs
    replied
    I hope I'm wrong, but based on our performance to date it seems we're overrated. It's the first time I can recall that we've gotten more credit than we deserve. The people who vote in the polls must not have seen us play. I think we've got great talent and coaches and that we'll play better, but until we do I have a hard time believing we're the 11th best team in the country. I guess I should enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Just think where we might be if we had a qb who could actually find receivers downfield?
    Funny, I was thinking as I read this that no one has seen us play except the Army game because of ESPN+. We're just 3-0 and it looks good on paper to voters.

Beyond that we're 11 in the AP poll as well and moved up even though some PAC 12 teams entered the poll this week. Still don't have the MW or MAC in the polls.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-04-2020, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• richard k.
    replied
    Originally posted by coach View Post
    Is that our highest ranking since the perfect season?
    Just think where we might be if we had a qb who could actually find receivers downfield?

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Is that our highest ranking since the perfect season?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    We’ve turned it up to 11 in the Coaches poll

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Polls should be interesting today. We should move up a spot but I'm not sure how many non playing schools they'll be ranking this week.

Oklahoma may drop from the poll for the first time in several years this morning.

The national AP writer Ralph Russo just tweeted that the AP poll will be out at 2:00 and that there will be changes. Not sure what that means exactly.
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-04-2020, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    #15 in the AP as well

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Might be time for some better glasses, we're 11th.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ankings-week-4

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    We are not in the ESPN top 25, which makes no sense!

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Up a spot to 15 in the Coaches Poll. Everybody's in the poll this week ecept the Pac 12 ,Mountain West and MAC.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's the dumb thing about the polls this week. The AP did not rank teams from conferences that previously canceled the season. The Coaches poll did, so all the B1G teams were considered which makes absolutey no sense to me. So on one hand we're still 16th but got pushed down the poll by Ohio State and Penn St.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X