X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    I saw Tulane on the rankings early as well and figured it had to be some kind of typo they would fix later. There's no way that's correct.
    Would make more sense if they had Tulane and Tulsa reversed?

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    I saw Tulane on the rankings early as well and figured it had to be some kind of typo they would fix later. There's no way that's correct.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Here are the other G5 schools with votes in this week’s polls (AP/Coaches):
    • BYU – 11/10
    • Marshall – 19/18
    • Coastal Carolina – 20/21
    • SMU – 22/23
    • Boise State – 25/29
    • Memphis – 26/28
    • Liberty – 27/27
    • Tulane – 28/NV
    • Louisiana – 29/31
    • Army – 30/25
    • App State – 39/43
    • San Diego State – 44/NV
    • Tulsa – NV/40
    • UCF – NV/44
    • Houston – NV/52

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Also, Army has crept back into the coaches poll. The Bearcats gave them their only loss.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Up to # 7 in the Coaches poll this morning

and 7 in the AP
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-25-2020, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    # 9 in the coaches poll and #10 in the AP.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by UC4me View Post
    We defeat a ranked opponent in Army and drop one spot. We don't play and rise 3 spots. Sure. That makes sense.

I think we are really about 17-20, but as another stated, it is good to be overrated rather than the typical underrated.
    Yeah, it's weird. It's almost useless to argue about the polls this year because the teams being ranked keep changing from week to week.

Leave a comment:

• UC4me
    replied
    We defeat a ranked opponent in Army and drop one spot. We don't play and rise 3 spots. Sure. That makes sense.

I think we are really about 17-20, but as another stated, it is good to be overrated rather than the typical underrated.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I wonder if Feldman was playing to the audience. Justin Williams is one of only 28 "beat writers" for D1 football programs working for The Athletic, and the only one writing for a G5 school.
    Could be. You'd probably be better off with Chris Vannini's articles than Feldman's. Vannini does a national G5 drive column once a week usually

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    As stated above, I saw this week's rankings and didn't feel deserved to be that high. Our QB play hasn't been elite, though a stingy defense could be the reasoning. I don't know why Feldman would have us so darned high? Maybe we get there once everyone else is done beating up on conference foes, but that requires us surviving many tough games of our own. I think the Program deserves the recognition and it is a testament to the outstanding job Luke and staff are doing.
    I wonder if Feldman was playing to the audience. Justin Williams is one of only 28 "beat writers" for D1 football programs working for The Athletic, and the only one writing for a G5 school.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    As stated above, I saw this week's rankings and didn't feel deserved to be that high. Our QB play hasn't been elite, though a stingy defense could be the reasoning. I don't know why Feldman would have us so darned high? Maybe we get there once everyone else is done beating up on conference foes, but that requires us surviving many tough games of our own. I think the Program deserves the recognition and it is a testament to the outstanding job Luke and staff are doing.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Until Ridder starts playing better, I think we are more like a #18-25 team. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the other QB's get some play time. I hope Prater gets a chance at the starting job next year since Ridder will be back yet again.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Here's a real outlier from Bruce Feldman of The Athletic ($): No, not Clemson, GA & Bama on top. He has the Bearcats next at #4. As much as I'm a big fan, that's an awful stretch at this point.

Leave a comment:

• edawg400
    replied
    Definitely feel overrated...but isnt it nice we have earned the right to be overrated! Program deserves this ranking

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    Ask me after the Tulsa game, but right now I think we’re more like a top 25 team.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X