Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coach
    replied
    I was thinking the same thing. For those who didn't watch the game Boise lost the starting qb on i believe it's first offensive series to what looked like a concussion on a run. Kind of a freak play, but once you saw the backups you knew it was game over. Although watching Boise, they are not where they've been recently and looked like a rebuilding year for them. I had not seen them play in their first 2 games, but didn't have the quickness they typically possess.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    BYU and the Bearcats would be a helluva game. Hard to choose between them. Boise was limited with 3rd string freshman QB so they didn't give it their best shot..Unfortunately Covid is playing a big role in a lot of outcomes and we have been fortunate so far. Bearcats are really getting some respect. A national TV opportunity today would go a long way in the eye test if we play well. I agree our conference affiliation is preferred to an independent. Its a shame we missed our Nebraska opportunity which could have put us over the top. Usually fan followings to bowl games weighs heavily in decisions. Both BYU and UC would travel well normally but Covid negates that factor as well.
    Just take em one at a time, keep racking up W's, and things will take care of themselves.Go Bearcats!

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/1...20-ucf-memphis
    One person's take about the bias of the selection committee. "Enjoy Cincinnati for what they are, because the playoff committee surely won’t"

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I will take BYU. Their QB is smooth and they are bigger and more physical than Boise. Having said that, I will be rooting for Boise.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by coach View Post

I'll take Boise in that game.
    I think Boise takes down BYU too, and definitely rooting for BSU. We can only play the games in front of us.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I think they take UC on the basis of BYU being an independent. BYU basically have no guarantee of of either CFP at large or NY6 because of the lack of conference affiliation. They do not have the same agreement as ND does with the CFP. Also if you look at BYU's schedule. They've beaten Houston and Navy and those are their strongest opponents. The rest of their schedule is trash until this weekend when they get a ranked Boise St in Boise. They still have to play SDSU at the end of the season as well. Not sure what they're going to do with the Army game. It's listed as postponed but they could conceivably reschedule it for Dec 19. BYU is very good but their schedule strength isn't going to help them out here

I'll take Boise in that game.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    As expected, up to #6

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-01-2020, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    UC should move up at least 1 spot in the polls. The defense is top tier, and I'd love to see them play an elite offense. The offense has put together back-to-back great games, but against mediorce to bad defenses. We are currently the best G5 team with really only BYU close.

With Ok St loss, there could very few undefeated teams after conference championship games. The team will focus on the next game. As a fan, we can look ahead, play the what-if game. If BYU and UC are vying for the 4th CFP spot, and their QB is still in Heisman hunt...do you pick a team with elite defense or an elite QB?
    I think they take UC on the basis of BYU being an independent. BYU basically have no guarantee of of either CFP at large or NY6 because of the lack of conference affiliation. They do not have the same agreement as ND does with the CFP. Also if you look at BYU's schedule. They've beaten Houston and Navy and those are their strongest opponents. The rest of their schedule is trash until this weekend when they get a ranked Boise St in Boise. They still have to play SDSU at the end of the season as well. Not sure what they're going to do with the Army game. It's listed as postponed but they could conceivably reschedule it for Dec 19. BYU is very good but their schedule strength isn't going to help them out here

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    UC should move up at least 1 spot in the polls. The defense is top tier, and I'd love to see them play an elite offense. The offense has put together back-to-back great games, but against mediorce to bad defenses. We are currently the best G5 team with really only BYU close.

With Ok St loss, there could very few undefeated teams after conference championship games. The team will focus on the next game. As a fan, we can look ahead, play the what-if game. If BYU and UC are vying for the 4th CFP spot, and their QB is still in Heisman hunt...do you pick a team with elite defense or an elite QB?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I missed this game. Just out of curiosity, was this the same crew we had for SMU?

Leave a comment:

• GangstaTakester
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    ECU had their game against Tulsa stolen from them last night by two horrible calls by the same ref, late in the game, which secured a Tulsa, long winning drive. Shame on the AAC officials.

Tulsa did not look that great to me, as I have initially thought.

B.C.
    Apparently the AAC admitted their mistake. I'm never sure what that means, but at least they admit a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    ECU had their game against Tulsa stolen from them last night by two horrible calls by the same ref, late in the game, which secured a Tulsa, long winning drive. Shame on the AAC officials.

Tulsa did not look that great to me, as I have initially thought.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Genester
    replied
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...espn:ncf:teams

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Yeah I looked at the AP site and it’s correct. ESPN made a typo. That’s supposed to be Tulsa

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Would make more sense if they had Tulane and Tulsa reversed?
    No, they are 2-4 and haven't beaten anyone decent. They should not have any votes, doesn't make any sense.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X