Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    The song remains the same. Not entirely sure whether you should drop A&M for not playing for 3 weeks or not.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...-coaches-poll/

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-col...l-poll?week=12
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-22-2020, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    Where will we be?
    hopefully 5 or 6 after a win. There are still many pollsters who ranked us lower because they think we haven't played anyone and UCF will beat us. Win and we move up, at least 1 spot. Lose and the freefall will be huge. I don't think we will still be 7th either way. The funny thing is Tulsa doesn't get the respect that UCF gets because of their longevity, yet Tulsa beat UCF. This game will go a long way towards creating longevity for UC in the minds of many poll voters.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatjd
    replied
    If we win out, I see us playing BYU in a bowl game. The big boys developed this playoff system to keep teams like us out. We will never be allowed in the 4 team playoff.
    I hope I'm wrong some day soon!

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Where will we be?

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    We will not be #7 after the UCF game.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Coaches poll is out and we are in fact #7. BYU is behind us at #8

AP is out now. Also #7. Same spot for BYU there as well.

CFP rankings start coming out on Nov 24 at 7:00
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-08-2020, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    This is a good article about our standing. I guess I forgot BYU played Houston and we have a common opponent. The main reason our chances to make the playoffs are so low is because they still predict us to lose to UCF.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...too-close-call

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    I agree. I expected both Fla and A&M to pass us and deservedly so. Hopefully that drop still keeps us probably 1 spot ahead of BYU. Interesting to see what they do with Clemson. A ND loss would have simplified this and that result really hurts our chances.
    I agree. When Clemson beats Noter Shame in ACC championship, then ND, Clemson, tO$U, and 'Bama are the Playoff.

In that scenario, which SEC team do you want to play in NY6? I'm hoping Florida. Iur strength versus their strength.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    I think numerically we'll end up the same this week. Not sure where the hopping goes on, but i say we land at 6.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I agree. I expected both Fla and A&M to pass us and deservedly so. Hopefully that drop still keeps us probably 1 spot ahead of BYU. Interesting to see what they do with Clemson. A ND loss would have simplified this and that result really hurts our chances.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I expect to to fall to #7 when the polls come out this morning. Florida upsetting Georgia will vault them past us probably and I expect that SEC bias might send Texas A&M past us as well. Florida's lone loss is to A&M. A&M lost to Alabama. We haven't played teams of that difficulty at all.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Hopefully the Army/BYU game gets rescheduled so we can see where we stand. I'm a bit worried that Memphis is losing to USF right now and SMU is struggling wtih Temple... maybe these teams we have been running over aren't as good as in years past.

Tulsa to close the season might end up being a big test.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    I must admit that BYU looked awfully good last night against Boise St., although Boise was playing their 3rd string QB.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I disagree on Herbie. I think he is objective and fair. I haven't noticed any negative sentiment towards UC he is a big REDS fan and Fickell supporter.
    BYU can't jump us (at least in the polls) unless we lose, then they would deserve to. Voting for the playoffs is another story. If the big boys take care of business, 3 of those spots are locked up. If ND loses 1 or 2 they are probably out. The 4th spot is a PAC 12 team if they play enough games and have an undefeated option., or BYU or UC also if undefeated. Lots can still happen - just keep winning.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    I'm a little worried BYU will jump us in the polls soon. A lot of the talking heads at ESPN like them better, especially Herbstreit who I've always hated... He can't stand Cincinnati because his heart is only for O$U.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X