Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I heard on Mark Packer’s XM show that the Ohio AG is working on behalf of some element of OH State to file a lawsuit against the NCAA for loss of revenue. The AG is an alum.

Correction: To sue the B10, not the NCAA.
    I don't understand the what the basis of that lawsuit could possibly be!?! It would set a horrible precedent.The implications could open up other lawsuits against the state.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I heard on Mark Packer’s XM show that the Ohio AG is working on behalf of some element of OH State to file a lawsuit against the NCAA for loss of revenue. The AG is an alum.

Correction: To sue the B10, not the NCAA.
      Not entirely accurate. The AG does represent aO$U as it’s statutory counsel. While a team of lawyers within the AG’s office has advised aO$U about a potential lawsuit, no decision has been made yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Not entirely accurate. The AG does represent aO$U as it’s statutory counsel. While a team of lawyers within the AG’s office has advised aO$U about a potential lawsuit, no decision has been made yet.
        I thought the lawsuit was State of Ohio/OSU v. Big 10 Conference and not the NCAA. Am I wrong ?
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I thought the lawsuit was State of Ohio/OSU v. Big 10 Conference and not the NCAA. Am I wrong ?
          No lawsuit has been filed yet. But, it will be against the B1G if it is filed.

Comment

• Memphis will likely have to cancel their game against Houston next week. 20 positive tests and 20 more are quarantined per Mark Gianotto at the Commerical Appeal. There is a party bus involved here and almost all the affected players are on the defense.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ak/5770916002/
            Last edited by Lobot; 09-11-2020, 03:41 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I sure hope we get three or four games in this season. I just signed up for ESPN+, so I could watch the games. I hate giving them more money, as I already pay them for the other ESPN channels.

B.C.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Looks like the B1G is getting back on board later today
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• B1G is back on Oct. 24
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I heard an 8 game schedule, didn't see announcement yet. Is that plus CFG, then they can play CFP, if selected?
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                      I heard an 8 game schedule, didn't see announcement yet. Is that plus CFG, then they can play CFP, if selected?
                      Start October 23-24. Eight weeks. Zero byes. Title game December 19 -- obviously that's with the aim to be eligible for the CFP.

Comment

• This will be interesting because the testing protocols they’re using call for a 21 day hold on players that test positive.

Also, All of MSU’s student were put in quarantine today. The entire student body.

Also, the rumors says that the PAC-12 is now on the clock for a decision.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Actually Big Ten is playing 8 games plus 1 -- meaning, not only will the Top B1G East and B1G West play in a conference title game but #2 vs. #2, #3 vs. #3, etc. so they can all have a chance to play nine. I like it.

Comment

• The Mountain West formulating a plan to restart the season currently
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The MAC has come out and stated that it will still play in the spring
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                This will be interesting because the testing protocols they’re using call for a 21 day hold on players that test positive.

Also, All of MSU’s student were put in quarantine today. The entire student body.

Also, the rumors says that the PAC-12 is now on the clock for a decision.
                                I doubt the PAC10 will play, as they want to "squash" the player union stuff that started there, and what better way than by not playing?''

B.C.
                                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X