Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
    So our political opinions can be removed but Pat Fords political article can stay? No politics means no politics right? Or is it because the article was anti trump and our opinions were pro trump? Lobot if the rule is no politics there should be no exceptions.
    I agree that if my comment is edited for political reasons and CincyBearcats2 was edited before I even had a chance to read it then Forde's article should be made to go away also. My comment that was edited even acknowledged that Trump hasn't handled this as well as he should have. My comment wasn't pro Trump as much as discussing how Forde's article is ridiculous in suggesting that if there isn't a football season it is completely Trump's fault.

This seems like the "cancel" culture to me.

Comment

OK, everybody calm down. I posted Forde's article for everyone to read because it was relevant to the thread. That's it. I said "this gets political" as a warning, not so much as an invitation to defend your own political stance. On this board I don't care what your views are as long as you're a Bearcat fan.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the article. That's on me. If you didn't like the article or disagreed with it, your disagreement should really be directed at Pat Forde. It's his article.

This kind of thing is why we try not to discuss politics at all. People get bent out of shape, stuff gets edited, everyone gets mad and then there's a downward spiral from there.

As far as the thread editing goes, stand by and I'll contact you individually.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Politics aside, I believe the American people were not able to be led by any leader. It's a problem in our culture where we have to solve the problem or find a better way to solve a fixed problem. Very few leaders (political, community, business, or university) have really come up with an approach that gets Americans to follow any restrictions or guidelines to stop or slow spread of the virus, or any virus. We simply do not do well at everyone doing the same thing.

Back to football. I found the article discussing Dave Brown to be a good read. I didn't realize he had created a tool to help with scheduling solutions and it has been applied when games have been canceled due to weather in the past. That is good stuff. However, I don't believe we should have any student-athletes on campus unless the campus is safe for all students. Call me a throwback, but having a mix of on campus, in person, off-campus, and virtual/remotes classrooms isn't a model I want to see for students or student-athletes. Campus is either open to all or closed to all with education being first priority.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The point of Forde's article is simple. We've lost containment of the virus and the football season is in jeopardy. Now we see 28 WVU players have tested positive, which means most of the rest of the team will as well. If this were game week no way WVU would be playing, and with the quarantine they wouldn't play the next week either. How many other teams will face the same thing? I love the Bearcats and have looked forward to this season, but these guys don't get paid, and it just doesn't seem possible that we can complete a season. If any players get very sick, which seems likely, or heaven forbid die of this disease, the whole season will shut down anyway. I hope for a miracle, but right now shutting down the season appears the best option. But as the old saying goes, follow the money.

Comment

It appears now that lung damage occurs even in non-symptomatic people. X-rays have shown scarring on lung tissue even in people who never knew they had the disease. This lung damage appears to be permanent. Obviously this is not the best situation for an athlete, time will tell if there are any long term adverse effects.

Comment

Rutgers has a big roadblock. NJ's Governor shut down gatherings of more than 500 people. Rutgers says it will abide by this which means by the time you factor in the teams and staff and media, maybe 300 fans at most?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I took an online class this summer, just for the heck of it, and it was an absolute joke compared to the real in class, brick and mortar type learning.

B.C.
                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Mountain West and PAC 12 have postponed media day.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The SWAC has offically moved it's 8 game conference season to spring.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                      I took an online class this summer, just for the heck of it, and it was an absolute joke compared to the real in class, brick and mortar type learning.

B.C.
                      I definitely would prefer brick and mortar learning over internet classes but I am old!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
                        I had two seminars moved to online webinars and it was tough to stay focused. The Q&A sessions were decent, but much harder than in person. The moderators did a good job assisting the speakers to make the most of it. Did your online class have just the teacher or did she/he have a moderator to help?
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Rutgers has a big roadblock. NJ's Governor shut down gatherings of more than 500 people. Rutgers says it will abide by this which means by the time you factor in the teams and staff and media, maybe 300 fans at most?
                          Isn't that about their normal attendance anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I had two seminars moved to online webinars and it was tough to stay focused. The Q&A sessions were decent, but much harder than in person. The moderators did a good job assisting the speakers to make the most of it. Did your online class have just the teacher or did she/he have a moderator to help?
                            Just the teacher, who acted like she didn't want to be there.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Toledo has ceased workouts because HC Jason Candle is positive. No symptoms so far for Candle. He’s the first coach I’m aware of to get infected
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The OVC announced they will play football only in the fall due to contractual obligations. This directly affects UC vs Austin Peay
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X