No announcement yet.

Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job by Aresco to get out in front of this announcement by the P5/NCAA. Puts the AAC on the same plan and makes us available for regional scheduling if need be.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Houston is going for 60% capacity which based on how bad Houston Metro's COVID numbers look is just crazy IMO.

SMU is going season ticket ticket holder only. They operate at 50% capacity on a good day at Ford Stadium anyway but I would expect Dallas County to shut them down no matter what they do.

UCF just issued this: https://ucfknights.com/news/2020/7/1...ht-nation.aspx

I have not seen anything from the other AAC members so far. If you did, post it.

Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Second hand information disclaimer so no links. A friend was telling me yesterday that Illinois will be using a saliva test to test all students on campus. From what we discussed, he thinks that any positive tests will be truly positive though a saliva test may give negative results if there are any eating/drinking prior to the test. The thing I lik about this plan is making a somewhat safer environment for all students/staff on campus and ability to isolate small groups before a widespread spike. I am curious and also like widespread testing to catch assymptomatic carriers. Not sure if this is feasible at other universities, but it gives me hope that college can resume with a semblance of normalcy. No idea if this will catch on with the rest of the Big Ten much less other schools/conferences.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Also out of the Orlando Sentinel

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...asm-story.html
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The A-10 and Big East have shut down for fall sports. Neither play D1 football.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Aresco wants to keep the Non con schedule if possible ($)

https://theathletic.com/1934356/2020...nonconference/

Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

IU has shut down workouts after positive tests
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Something to watch is that the small conferences in FCS are starting to shut down and trying to figure out how to play spring ball. If the OVC shuts down, UC would lose the Austin Peay game.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

WVU with 28 positives in the football program today. I guess we can rule them out for a regional game
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's an article from The Athletic ($) that outlines what many schools are doing to make contingency scheduling with teams not previously to be played:

https://theathletic.com/1936040/2020...anceled-games/

Comment

This gets political but it's an interesting read from Pat Forde.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/1...ootball-season
                        Last edited by Lobot; 07-19-2020, 04:16 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

With so much money involved, I thought sure they would figure out a way to have some kind of a football season. But now I’m not so sure. It’s looking kinda bleak.
                          ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            This gets political but it's an interesting ready from Pat Forde.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/1...ootball-season

However, I am worried as well that this season may end getting moved to the spring.
                            Last edited by London 'Cat; 07-19-2020, 04:43 PM. Reason: Political comments removed

Comment

I’m not sure how a Spring Season gets played in all honesty. The NFL already came out and said they aren’t moving the draft. So with a Spring season of February-May. It’s going through the draft. Which essentially would mean any player that thinks they’re going to get drafted would most likely skip the season to prevent injury and work out for teams instead in an effort to stay healthy and try to raise their draft stock.
                              Last edited by London 'Cat; 07-19-2020, 04:42 PM. Reason: Political comments removed.

Comment

So our political opinions can be removed but Pat Fords political article can stay? No politics means no politics right? Or is it because the article was anti trump and our opinions were pro trump? Lobot if the rule is no politics there should be no exceptions.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X