No announcement yet.

Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody at Rutgers is in big trouble. They are up to 28 cases on the team now with the whole team quarantined. The reason this happened is because of an off campus party that a player or players attended.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Somebody at Rutgers is in big trouble. They are up to 28 cases on the team now with the whole team quarantined. The reason this happened is because of an off campus party that a player or players attended.
      Was it a COVID party? The hosts have a party and purposely invited a positive tested individual to see who is the next contracted person.

Comment

• Looks like they are in a dead heat with West Virginia.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Was it a COVID party? The hosts have a party and purposely invited a positive tested individual to see who is the next contracted person.
          I haven’t seen anything to that effect but you could be right.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Fickell needs to post this anywhere where players might wander:

Chargers DE Joey Bosa, on dealing with COVID during the season: "The most responsible team is going to be the one who wins."

Comment

• UConn becomes the first program to cancel their entire season. I know they couldn’t have forecast Covid when they made the decision to drop out of the conference but everyone saw this coming at some point in their future. Covid just sped up the process for them.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                UConn becomes the first program to cancel their entire season. I know they couldn’t have forecast Covid when they made the decision to drop out of the conference but everyone saw this coming at some point in their future. Covid just sped up the process for them.
                I wonder if this is the final permanent nail in their coffin for FBS football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

I wonder if this is the final permanent nail in their coffin for FBS football.
                  I’m not sure what they are going to do but I tend to think it’s more likely that they axe football entirely. I’ve seen some of their numbers and moving to FCS really does not save them as much money as you would think. Their financial management leading up to now has been scary bad. If they were a company, they would have declared bankruptcy a while ago.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The AAC has now approved a schedule of 8 conference games plus up to 4 Non-cons per SI. IN UC's case this allows us to fill the open date for Nebaraska if we choose to and if we can find a partner. There's a still a ton of fallout left. The FCS governing body is voting today (delayed from yesterday ) on the football season. I still have not seen much from the MAC.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Mountain West is going 8+2.

Not sure what the heck BYU is going to do.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Starting to see players that are expected to go high in the draft opt out of the season. Best WR, Bateman at Minnesota and best LB, Micah Parsons at Penn St, are not going to play and will prepare for the draft instead.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                          Fickell needs to post this anywhere where players might wander:

Chargers DE Joey Bosa, on dealing with COVID during the season: "The most responsible team is going to be the one who wins."
                          That's all good and well, but you can only control your team. Each week if you play teams with guys who have Covid, not a lot you can do about it. I guess you could try and wear a mask under your helmet, but "responsible" will be a relative thing with 50 or so guys on each team bumping into each other for several hours.

Comment

• Lousiville has 29 positives and has paused workouts in 4 sports for 2 weeks thanks to an off campus party. None of the positives were in football or basketball but geez...

Lousiville is a typo but since it works, I’m leaving it like that.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• FCS D-III has cancelled its fall championships
                              Last edited by Lobot; 08-05-2020, 02:52 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• For D1 - NCAA BoG has punted to the NCAA Board of Directors which immediately punted to the D1 Council. Per Chris Vaninni the BoD is University presidents, the Council is ADs and conference commisioners.

In short, no one wants to be the one to pull the plug. The Council is chaired by the AD at Penn. (not Penn St, Penn). You only get one guess where this is headed.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X