Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Miami with the 20+ athletes test positive due to off campus gathering move per WVXU
    The interesting thing with Miami is the county health director shut them down, not the university.
    Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-26-2020, 10:53 AM. Reason: corrected misspelling of health
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• NC State has delayed the start of its season by 2 weeks due to ongoing problems with Covid clusters on campus per Joe Giglio
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• UCLA OT entered transfer portal Aug 25th, found a new home in texas Aug 26th and hopes to play this season since the PAC-12 bailed on having games this Fall. I still don't think many will do this, but it is interesting to learn it is possible.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ing-this-fall/

Quote from the write-up "The NCAA's new blanket eligibility waiver issued last week means that he can play as a redshirt senior in either 2020 or 2021."

Comment

• This came out of the blue. BIg Ten looking at domed stadiums for a winter season.

https://www.buckeyextra.com/sports/2...inter-football
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Jon Rothstein: Sources: November 25th and December 4th have emerged as the two likeliest start dates to begin the 20-21 college basketball season.

Comment

• Except for the Pac 12 who seems than Jan. 1 is a good starting date with only a conference schedule.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Except for the Pac 12 who seems than Jan. 1 is a good starting date with only a conference schedule.
                Except they might be back-tracking on that ... ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Except they might be back-tracking on that ... ?
                  Yeah they’re trying to. You’d have to think Larry’s Scott’s days are numbered between this decision and the mass lay-offs at the PAC 12 network this week.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ECU vs Marshall football game postponed/cancelled due to COVID-19. We play ECU in November.

Marshall vs ECU game postponed

Comment

• ECU has some real problems on it's hands with this. UNC and NC State are also having major issues with student and athletes at off campus parties.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• If this is true, it gives some credibility to the Nebraska players lawsuit. According to anonymous source, the cinference had no plans to disclose the actual vote that was actually taken. Get your popcorn, this is gonna get interesting.

Big Ten presidents voted 11-3 to cancel fall football season

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/big-t...ootball-season

Comment

• The NCAA just announced furloughs of 600 staff members on a variable schedule of 3 to 8 weeks, running to January.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....virus-pandemic

Top brass, conveniently, are exempt.

Comment

• The battle for the Iron Skillet is fried after TCU players and staff tested positive for Covid-19. Game was scheduled for 9/11 and is Indefinitely postponed.

I hope that’s not a precursor of things to come
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• As the Big Ten Turns...more discontent from Ryan Day and Jm Harbaugh. I'm not sure if they believe the Big 10 should play or that the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 shouldn't play. My gut tells me the arrogance of the Big 10 led them to believe they would lead the way in cancelling the season much like the Big East led the way to cancel conference Basketball tournaments. They only changed their position when it became clearer that their decision means games and championships would be played without them. May be a bit tongue in cheek, but I think they truly thought the others would follow their lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                                As the Big Ten Turns...more discontent from Ryan Day and Jm Harbaugh. I'm not sure if they believe the Big 10 should play or that the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 shouldn't play. My gut tells me the arrogance of the Big 10 led them to believe they would lead the way in cancelling the season much like the Big East led the way to cancel conference Basketball tournaments. They only changed their position when it became clearer that their decision means games and championships would be played without them. May be a bit tongue in cheek, but I think they truly thought the others would follow their lead.
                                I heard on Mark Packer’s XM show that the Ohio AG is working on behalf of some element of OH State to file a lawsuit against the NCAA for loss of revenue. The AG is an alum.

Correction: To sue the B10, not the NCAA.
                                Last edited by swilsonsp4; 09-10-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X