Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I’ll have to look that one up. The fast saliva tests have, up to this point, had about a 50% error rate. I’m not sure if that particular test is better or not.
    From what I've read, the error rate is 10% for the Yale method. Still have the swab test for anyone symptomatic. Besides, even a 50% error rate is better than little to no testing of the campus population.

On separate note: Gov Dewine gavr okay so that high school sports can happen in Ohio.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

From what I've read, the error rate is 10% for the Yale method. Still have the swab test for anyone symptomatic. Besides, even a 50% error rate is better than little to no testing of the campus population.

On separate note: Gov Dewine gavr okay so that high school sports can happen in Ohio.
      I haven’t posted about UNC because it wasn’t really specifically sports related but they’ve gone to online classes only starting tomorrow. They tried to bring students back last week and ended up with all kinds of Covid clusters in their dorms, etc. Pretty much a total fail on all sides between students and admin.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ND just had to do the same thing tonight . Off campus parties = cluster.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Michigan St > All remote learning as of now.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I'm not sure that if I was a student during this, given the cost of attending a major university, that I'd even sign up for classes. Yes, it puts you a year behind, but I'd rather play it safe and get a job for the year. Not worth it to take online classes. Might as well go to Phoenix.com.

Comment

• The amount of lawsuits hurled at universities for forcing full tuition payments on online classes is going to be large. There's already one filed down here by a grad student at SMU leftover from the spring semester. Pretty sure UNC's already been sued as well.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Add NC State to the Off-campus party COVID cluster issue.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                  I'm not sure that if I was a student during this, given the cost of attending a major university, that I'd even sign up for classes. Yes, it puts you a year behind, but I'd rather play it safe and get a job for the year. Not worth it to take online classes. Might as well go to Phoenix.com.
                  I just took an college on-line class and it was a joke compared to going to old fashioned brick and mortar classes. Open book tests were nice though.

B.C.
                  "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• UConn has paused football related activities for a cluster of positive tests from players. Apparently they were still practicing or doing strength and conditioning work.

There’s a joke to be made here somewhere.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Georgia St. starting QB has been ruled out of competition by the team docs after a heart issue was found during testing after his recovery from COVID-19. It's unclear whether the heart issue was caused by COVID or whether it was preexisting issue and was discovered by the additional tests that were run on him.
                      Last edited by Lobot; 08-21-2020, 09:13 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Screenshots from the IU president's email to students challenging them to prove people wrong and making the right decisions so they can avoid going fully online https://twitter.com/PhillipHoosier/s...19923636805634

Comment

• CUSA has moved everything to spring except football.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Alabama has shut down in person learning. (probably to keep Saban alive)
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ECU has gone online only. Looks like the entire state of North Carolina is pretty well done with this
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Miami with the 20+ athletes test positive due to off campus gathering move per WVXU
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X