Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The Big 12 has a presser coming up at noon ET today to announce something. Not sure what direction this is going to go honestly.
    The legal liability is just too great these days, and no university is going to take a chance on losing millions of dollars in lawsuits. I am very sad that it appears we won’t be playing this year, especially with perhaps the best team we’ve had in 20 years. Such is the nature of this awful pandemic.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• McMurphy says the Big 12 is still playing
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Could the Nebraska game be back on?????

The Huskers have played football through the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, two World Wars, recessions and depressions. Will COVID-19 stop them or will they form their own schedule?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
          Could the Nebraska game be back on?????
          I saw a bit of this coming from Nebraska, Iowa and OSU yesterday. I suppose schools could play non conference only. Since the Big 10 season is cancelled, I doubt the conference has say over contracts that were already signed between member and non member schools.

It’s probably wishful thinking on our part but who knows
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The Big 10 commissioner is saying that no way can Nebraska play this fall and remain a member of the league. Big $$$ at stake. I doubt Nebraska would want to give up the cash cow that has been the Big 10

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...of-conference/
            ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I saw a bit of this coming from Nebraska, Iowa and OSU yesterday. I suppose schools could play non conference only. Since the Big 10 season is cancelled, I doubt the conference has say over contracts that were already signed between member and non member schools.

It’s probably wishful thinking on our part but who knows

explain this to me.... Nebraska and Iowa I understand because they voted yes on having a season. OSU’s president voted to cancel the season. So why do OSU fans and OSU players/coaches think that decision is randomly going to change? I’m just confused on the OSU part. President made the decision to not play. It’s over with no football for them this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

explain this to me.... Nebraska and Iowa I understand because they voted yes on having a season. OSU’s president voted to cancel the season. So why do OSU fans and OSU players/coaches think that decision is randomly going to change? I’m just confused on the OSU part. President made the decision to not play. It’s over with no football for them this year.
                That decision isn’t changing. This ventures into the primary mission of a university. A lot of sports fans seem to think the primary mission is football or basketball which obviously isn’t true. I think particularly for OSU which has a lot of casual fans with no actual connection to the school itself, this decision hasn’t hit home yet. They’re in the denial stage still.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It's a university. Presidents must always have the final say over coaches and athletic directors in critical situations to do what's best for the institution.

Comment

• Okay but it isn’t just the fans saying this stuff. Ryan Day himself thinks theres a way they can play football this year so that’s the part I’m confused about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ele...ituation%3famp

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
                      Okay but it isn’t just the fans saying this stuff. Ryan Day himself thinks theres a way they can play football this year so that’s the part I’m confused about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ele...ituation%3famp
                      The AD says that aO$U has contractual obligations as a member of the B1G. Those will be difficult to work out, especially if they want to play SEC, Big XII, and ACC teams. They all have those contracts to fulfill. Who will have the rights to broadcast the games?

Comment

• CUSA is officially playing the season
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The Big 12 schedule was released and shows only seven teams with non-conference games in the first week and then conference only games the remainder of the schedule. https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...et-for-oct-10/

It looks like Texas, Iowa St, and Baylor have openings for their non conference game. Coincidentally, we have opening that week too. I hope Cunningham can get us a shot at either of the three.

Week 1 (Sept. 12)
                          Missouri State at Oklahoma
                          Eastern Kentucky at West Virginia
                          Arkansas State at Kansas State
                          Southern Illinois at Kansas
                          Houston Baptist at Texas Tech
                          Tulsa at Oklahoma State
                          Tennessee Tech at TCU
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                            The Big 12 schedule was released and shows only seven teams with non-conference games in the first week and then conference only games the remainder of the schedule. https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...et-for-oct-10/

It looks like Texas, Iowa St, and Baylor have openings for their non conference game. Coincidentally, we have opening that week too. I hope Cunningham can get us a shot at either of the three.

Week 1 (Sept. 12)
                            Missouri State at Oklahoma
                            Eastern Kentucky at West Virginia
                            Arkansas State at Kansas State
                            Southern Illinois at Kansas
                            Houston Baptist at Texas Tech
                            Tulsa at Oklahoma State
                            Tennessee Tech at TCU
                            With Governor DeWine’s C-19 travel restrictions for Texas, if the team were to travel there to play, then they would have to quarantine for two weeks afterwards. Doubtful that can happen.

Comment

• In other news Nebraska brass are committed to the Big Ten so there goes any hope of our game in Lincoln being back on.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Here's hoping we find at least one P5 non-conference game. We don't even have a G5 game now; conference only.

Did I miss announcement for AAC schedule or are we keeping same dates for remaining teams on schedule? No reshuffling or pushing start back 2-3 weeks?
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X