No announcement yet.

Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Jenkins is reporting that Fickell said we're trying to try and pick up one additional game.

The AAC seems to be all in on playing the season.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I'm not totally convinced it is the safe thing to do but we will get a huge TV audience which wouldn't be bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
        I'm not totally convinced it is the safe thing to do but we will get a huge TV audience which wouldn't be bad.
        I agree Greg. I'm not sure it's the best decision, but if we play, we could get a huge audience, especially with the Big Ten officially cancelling today. We'd be the only Ohio FBS team to watch.
        ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
          I'm not totally convinced it is the safe thing to do but we will get a huge TV audience which wouldn't be bad.
          I liked Trevor Lawrence’s point. It isn’t safe at all to play.... but can you prove that when you send all the players home that they’ll be responsible? Social distance, wear masks, not do things they shouldn’t do? So imo it isn’t safe either way.

Comment

• It's actually safer because the players will get tested regularly and get treatment when needed... if they are out partying in the wild without the football responsibility it would be worse

Comment

• The Pac 12 has made its annoucement. They are out.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Man, I was completely unphased on Sunday when reports picked up about pending cancellations. And I've been very skeptical about things like the release of the Big Ten schedule -- but hits differently with it actually happening.

Comment

• Heads up - Norlander at CBS is reporting that the PAC-12 also canceled non-conference basketball through January
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Gary Parrish column on how to attempt to salvage CBB and play the lucrative NCAA Tournament https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/s...79468367351809

Comment

• If this isn't the right place, please let me know and I'll create separate post.

I believe Ridder will win QB competition in camp with Ben pushing hard and Prater redshirting. We will see if there is a season and who wins the QB competition in coming days and weeks.

What if the season is postponed until Spring? Can they still do noncontact drills? If they practice all Fall and Spring, will Evan learn enough of the playbook to jump the other two?

In all seriousness, not playing in the Fall is much like a redshirt for the freshmen, JuCo players, and transfer students. I was not expecting hige contributions from many 1st year players, except Hudon and Ford. The extra prep time could see a lot of expected 2020 starters coming off the bench in 2021 at many programs. I'd think group practices would cease, but small groups, video sessions, and position meetings would go on, along with strength & conditioning.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• It seems very unlikely that college football will be played this year, and a full spring schedule seems unlikely. It may be a good idea to just play an elimination tournament for all D1 teams next spring, similar to the NCAA BB tournament but with one more round. Seed it 1 to max, with a losers bracket, so that every team plays at least 2 games. The final 2 would play seven games, and the national championship game would actually mean something. The championship game would be huge, and you wouldn't need any committee to choose who gets in and who doesn't. Play the semi-final a week after the basketball championship, and the final the following week. Push the NFL draft back from late April to early June.
                        Last edited by longtimefan; 08-12-2020, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          It seems very unlikely that college football will be played this year, and a full spring schedule seems unlikely. It may be a good idea to just play an elimination tournament for all D1 teams next spring, similar to the NCAA BB tournament but with one more round. Seed it 1 to max, with a losers bracket, so that every team plays at least 2 games. The final 2 would play seven games, and the national championship game would actually mean something. The championship game would be huge, and you wouldn't need any committee to choose who gets in and who doesn't. Play the semi-final a week after the basketball championship, and the final the following week. Push the NFL draft back from late April to early June.
                          The NFL have already said they have absolutely no interest in moving the draft back. So this tournament would be played without the elite draft eligible players most likely.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...to-spring-per/

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

The NFL have already said they have absolutely no interest in moving the draft back. So this tournament would be played without the elite draft eligible players most likely.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...to-spring-per/

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm not sure anything is set in stone these days.

Comment

• Per Matt Norlander, the PAC 12 has cancelled all non-conference basketball games until January, which is probably all of the games.

Comment

• The Big 12 has a presser coming up at noon ET today to announce something. Not sure what direction this is going to go honestly.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X