Coaching Salary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Salary

I am building off a quote from a player we are recruiting in 2021. In the article, DB recruit Gabe Nealy thinks UC could be in CFP consistently under Fickell. If UC even got close to that in one year, we would need to bump his salary by at least double. While we would love to see UC get to that level, is it remotely possible to pay Luke that much to stay?

from The Athletic article:
    Nealy said. “This is a team that is a top-ranked defense, top-ranked school. And I think if it wasn’t for the conference they were in, they would be in the College Football Playoff every single year. That’s just how I feel about it. I think they have something going with Coach Fickell.”
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

This should have been paraphrased with a link, since The Athletic is a paid site.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
      This should have been paraphrased with a link, since The Athletic is a paid site.
      Sorry, link was in 2021 recruiting thread and was going off topic of article
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
        I am building off a quote from a player we are recruiting in 2021. In the article, DB recruit Gabe Nealy thinks UC could be in CFP consistently under Fickell. If UC even got close to that in one year, we would need to bump his salary by at least double. While we would love to see UC get to that level, is it remotely possible to pay Luke that much to stay?
        Under the current financial situation and with a huge budget crunch coming up because of COVID-19 revenue shortfalls, I think the answer is no. Without a big donor stepping forward or a huge outpouring of small donations from every single UCAT there’s probably no way we can pull off a salary that large without help from UC’s general fund.

I’m honestly hoping that COVID-19 results in resetting the coaching salary market. It’s gotten out of hand across the board in football. College administrations are going to take hard look at coaching salaries if they’re smart. They’re going to have to because of academic budget shortfalls from COVID-19. The highest paid state employee in most states is a football coach. That probably needs to change.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Guys, I've been trying to win that big jackpot in the mega millions to pay for these salaries, but it just hasn't been working out.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X