Bowls 20-21

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lobot
    Administrator
    • Apr 2007
    • 28315

    #16
    Originally posted by bba_1979
    I will have to disagree on a new name for the baseball stadium. It should be named in honor of Glenn Sample. For those of you too young to know about him, here's a link:


    He was truly a gentleman and is truly deserving of being honored by the university in this way.
    That was my first suggestion when I opened the thread on the baseball stadium name.

    Where current racial events are concerned I've tried not to wade into the discussion on here because politics on the board and arguments etc.. I try and leave that stuff on Twitter. So, when the University opted to pull Charles McMicken's name from the College of Arts and Sciences for being a racist slave owner, I largely left
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

    Comment

    • red_n_black_attack
      Veteran
      • Apr 2007
      • 4136

      #17
      The newly updated Bowl Projections have us playing Texas A&M representing G5 in New Year's Six games, though on Jan 2nd.

      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

      Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

      Comment

      • Lobot
        Administrator
        • Apr 2007
        • 28315

        #18
        Originally posted by red_n_black_attack
        The newly updated Bowl Projections have us playing Texas A&M representing G5 in New Year's Six games, though on Jan 2nd.

        https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...lls-difficult/
        I'll take that. I love that the CFP parings are the same as every other year practically.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

        Comment

        • red_n_black_attack
          Veteran
          • Apr 2007
          • 4136

          #19
          Originally posted by Lobot

          I'll take that. I love that the CFP parings are the same as every other year practically.
          As much as I like seeing two G5 AAC teams get a New Year's Six game, I am not too happy with that NY6 game. There should be no way 'Bama and the Dawgs both get in after playing each other in regular season. If UC is undfeated (as I hope, pray, and truly suspect with Memphis coming to the 'Nip), then I will be dissapointed in NY6 game believing we deserve CFP.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

          Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

          Comment

          • Lobot
            Administrator
            • Apr 2007
            • 28315

            #20
            Have to be honest, I don't think we go undefeated. The schedule is only semi favorable. I think if we had UCF at home in addition to Memphis, I'd feel better about it. I don't think we have any shot at the CFP without an undefeated season.

            If any G5 team goes undefeated and doesn't end up in the CFP this year, let the anti-competition and collusion lawsuits rain down on the CFP from every G5 school on the planet.

            Speaking of Bowl Games I have not heard any plan whatsoever regarding the myriad of bowl games that won't have teams to play in them this year. Anyone?
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

            Comment

            • Lobot
              Administrator
              • Apr 2007
              • 28315

              #21
              You'll be happy to know that the Gasparilla Bowl has a new sponsor in Union Home Mortgage. RIP Bad Boy Mowers.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

              Comment

              • Lobot
                Administrator
                • Apr 2007
                • 28315

                #22
                The Fenway Bowl which is part of the AAC contract will not be played this year per McMurphy. That’s the second one to cancel. The Holiday bowl canceled yesterday.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

                Comment

                • Lobot
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 28315

                  #23
                  What is supposedly the final bowl schedule is out:

                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

                  Comment

                  Responsive Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...