Around the American ‘20-21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Something to keep an eye on for 3 weeks out is that SMU lost Reggie Roberson jr. to a leg injury for an undetermined amount of time. When he left the game against Memphis he had 5 catches for 243 yards.
    Roberson and TJ McDaniel are done for the season. Roberson was leading the country in receiving yards
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Doubleheader for Friday.

SMU at Tulane at 6:00. BYU at Houston directly after that
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Based on their first 2 games ECU appeared to be terrible - but they beat USF by 20, versus our 21, and they did it at USF. What does that say about us?, Especially our offense? ND & ECU put a combined 96 on the Bulls, averaging 48, almost double our offensive production score wise.
        Turnovers held us back significantly in that game. It has been stated repeatedly that we expect Ridder to have much better production than he actually has. He doesn't appear to be injured and the O-line is vastly improved. I hope it is just part of the learning curve to get timing down with so many new receivers. I wouldn't mind seeing what Ben can do in a series or two.

Speaking of QB - did Prater officially redshirt this season or is he using a year of eligibility?
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Speaking of QB - did Prater officially redshirt this season or is he using a year of eligibility?
          If Fickell uses him in fewer than 5 games, he’ll be a redshirt. However, in his sole appearance vs APSU, it was apparent that he’s not physically ready yet. He needs more time to hit the weights. His upper body, particularly his arms, need work. He’s a bit thin.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I don't think this year will count towards eligibility no matter how many games you play. I could be wrong but I recall Dan Hoard saying so on the radio during a game earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I don't think this year will count towards eligibility no matter how many games you play. I could be wrong but I recall Dan Hoard saying so on the radio during a game earlier this year.
              This is correct. Everybody basically gets an effective redshirt year this year if they want one.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

SMU had their hands full with Tulane last night. the final was 37-34 in OT. I think it's obvious that we can run on SMU's defense next week if the game gets played.

Houston came back from 14-3 down to lead 26-21 and then got shellacked in the 4th quarter by BYU final was 43-26
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's the whole Saturday scoreboard. Looks like the prime game is going to UCF at Memphis at 3:30

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ntype/2/week/7
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The BYU win was not a good development. They are the prime threats to earn the G5 NY6 spot over the AAC winner.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                      The BYU win was not a good development. They are the prime threats to earn the G5 NY6 spot over the AAC winner.
                      BYU has not beaten anybody who is that good. Lots of low tier D1 teams. Their QB is special though. Wish we had a guy who could throw like that!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

BYU has not beaten anybody who is that good. Lots of low tier D1 teams. Their QB is special though. Wish we had a guy who could throw like that!

B.C.
                        True, the schedule is weak, but they’re ranked #14. Perhaps the committee will view them differently.

Comment

UCF just coughed up a two TD lead over Memphis in the 4th quarter, made a great play on a Tigers’ 2-point try to keep the UM lead to 50-49, then missed a makeable FG at the end to lose. The Knights now have two AAC losses. The Tigers are 1-1.

Comment

Damonte Coxie at Memphis has opted out for the season. He will stay in school, get his degree and go pro.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Scoreboard for week 8:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ntype/2/week/8
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm late to post this but UCF's stadium lost it's corporate sponsor (Spectrum) and is now literally Bounce House Stadium.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X