Blue Smith + Garyn Prater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Smith + Garyn Prater

Hey, guys. Was curious if someone could update me on this two and where you think they fit this year.

I kinda completely forgotten about Blue Smith until I saw his name in an article this morning. What exactly happened with him last year, and where is he at eligibility wise?

I'm assuming he was hurt all season cuz I remember him getting immediate eligibility, but dont remember him playing. Is he eligible for a medical redshirt? Would that give him four years left here, after the redshirt year at O$U?

And not sure what happened with Prater either. I thought he was due back early in the season but never saw him. Is he healthy?

Smith seems particularly intriguing. He was a big time recruit coming out of HS, and it would be great if he could step in to a big role this year. And I remember hearing Prater flashed a bit at OSU spring practice. Would be another nice addition to a young WR room.

So yeah, any info or opinions on these two Id love to hear them...

Smith, If I remember correctly, was hurt to begin the year and never really got back all the way. He had one catch against Marshall at the end of the blowout. He didn't register any other stats this past season although he was out there at the end of several games. Looks like from the stats that he missed every game in October plus the OSU game in September.

Prater had off season back surgery. That's about as much as I've heard. There's only so much they can say because of HIPPA so I'm not sure if he's going to be good to go this year or not. Probably depends on what kind of back surgery it was.

Both guys are still listed on the roster still as SQ. Smith redshirted at OSU so I don't think he can get the year back unless it was in fact medical and he applies for a 6th year. Prater was a walk on at OSU and on scholarship here so should be able to get his year back.

Both of these guys can contribute this year if they're healthy.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Been waiting to see Blue Smith on the field for an extended time. He could be the quality wideout we need to really open things up.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X