This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football in the time of lockdowns

Here's a good article from Justin WIlliams on what the football staff is doing these days. ($) Read the article. Click for the actual headline.

https://theathletic.com/1688999/2020...-the-shutdown/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Mike Dyer from WCPO got Fickell to do a 15 min interview.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sch...h-luke-fickell
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's a good article from ESPN on what the NCAA is trying to do to work aropund COVID-19:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ll-season-2020
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Some plans on the horizon from the Big 12 re: COVID-19. I'm sure no one wants to read about Bowlsby these days but this is worth checking out if it's not paywalled for everyone.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/te...ented-changes/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

NCAA has announced that voluntary workouts for football can begin on June 1
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I have delayed renewing season tickets; however, received an email today that the ticket price will be refunded if games cannot be played. That is good news because we can still make a donation (rightfully non-refundable) and support the athletic program and get ticket price back if no games are played. That is a win for everyone. This may have been in place for a while, but I just paid better attention to the email today, so I am going ahead with renewal. This thread looked like the best place for this info as it really doesn't need it's own thread.

"REFUND POLICY: In the event the 2020 Bearcats football season is canceled or modified, season ticket holders will have the option to have their ticket purchase refunded to the original payment method."
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
              I have delayed renewing season tickets; however, received an email today that the ticket price will be refunded if games cannot be played. That is good news because we can still make a donation (rightfully non-refundable) and support the athletic program and get ticket price back if no games are played. That is a win for everyone. This may have been in place for a while, but I just paid better attention to the email today, so I am going ahead with renewal. This thread looked like the best place for this info as it really doesn't need it's own thread.

"REFUND POLICY: In the event the 2020 Bearcats football season is canceled or modified, season ticket holders will have the option to have their ticket purchase refunded to the original payment method."
              If the games aren't played, I will donate the money from my tickets (and parking) to UCATS. I want to help keep the programs healthy and retain our coaches (foorball, basketball and other sports) in the Bearcat family.

Comment

A friend of mine listened in on John Cunningham’s video yesterday. He said that, at present, they are planning on allowing 50% attendance at football games. That will dovetail well into current seats sold & that they do not plan to offer individual game tickets. All this could change.

In order to comply with social distancing, a good portion of season ticket holders will be moved. I have seats at the 50 yd line in the pavilion. I doubt that I’ll be placed there this year.

He said that, if guidelines are tightened to, say, 25% capacity, they don’t know what they’ll do.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                  A friend of mine listened in on John Cunningham’s video yesterday. He said that, at present, they are planning on allowing 50% attendance at football games. That will dovetail well into current seats sold & that they do not plan to offer individual game tickets. All this could change.

In order to comply with social distancing, a good portion of season ticket holders will be moved. I have seats at the 50 yd line in the pavilion. I doubt that I’ll be placed there this year.

He said that, if guidelines are tightened to, say, 25% capacity, they don’t know what they’ll do.
                  I tried to hit that video conference and had a schedule conflict.

If we hit 25% capacity limitations, we as a fan base are going to have to pour money into UCATS to keep the ship afloat. cpawstoney has the right idea in refocusing your money toward the general fund. That kind of monetary loss will decimate not just football but all other sports. I hate to think that colleges and universities might become uncoupled from sports in the U.S. but it's really possible this is thing that finally does it. And maybe it's time?!?

As for the University as a whole, who knows what the future holds if things have to stay primarily online . A lot of our best programs like DAAP and CCM can't really do online learning for the most part. This might reset the entire college experience for years to come. I can't imagine trying to budget for any program, sports or otherwise, right now. If I'm a student , I paid for the college experience and I might not get that right now and If I'm not getting that, I wouldn't want to pay for tuition in full for sure.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's a piece from the Hartford Courant on the financial hit that G5 schools would take if P5 schools reduce their 2020 schedules:

https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...aea-story.html

Comment

UC will air a "Block Party" viewing of the 2009 UC-Pitt game tomorrow night at 7:00 PM.

Comment

Justin Williams is reporting players will be back for summer football on June 8th. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1828018/2020...arting-june-8/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Free ? Article on the workouts returning

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...us/5319961002/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget