Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UC vs. Austin Peay is now scheduled for September 19th, per @GoBearcatsFB

Comment

Well when they said they wouldn’t add a game prior to Austin Peay, they didn’t say anything about after that date.

Army is headed to Nippert on Sept 26
      Last edited by Lobot; 08-27-2020, 07:51 AM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I realize that schedules often are set years in advance, but gobearcats.com report that the Cats will visit Michie Stadium in 2031.

Comment

Here's the updated schedule in full :

https://gobearcats.com/sports/football/schedule
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ECU game has moved from Thursday 11/12 to Saturday 11/14 (possibly could move to that Friday, should the home basketball game not take place) - per UC

Comment

I can't believe there's no buzz about adding Army to the schedule. I like that we don't have to return the game until 2031. A lot could happen between now and then. Football Adds Army To 2020 Slate

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                I can't believe there's no buzz about adding Army to the schedule. I like that we don't have to return the game until 2031. A lot could happen between now and then. Football Adds Army To 2020 Slate
                Army lost a ton of good players from last year's team. Should be an easy UC win.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                  I'm ok playing Army since we don't have Navy on the schedule this year. I don't like the idea of playing triple option teams any more than necessary though. It's so different than everyone else's offense that you have to totally retool what you're doing on D.

Re: Army, normally they'd bring some cadets with them and add some environment to the game but this year they probably won't bring them at all. Not much anyone can do about that.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

After having watched the shutdown Freeman and Fickell put on Navy at Nippert the second time around, i like our chances against a run only team at home. There's always the injury bugaboo, but i've seen others contest that guys are just as likely to get hurt in other offenses as well. This defense should matchup well against any run dominated team. I'm just glad we got another game.

Comment

With the game being cancelled, it's been a slow day. I thought I would throw out something for conversation. I know the UC-Miami rivalry is currently scheduled through 2029, but since it was cancelled this year by the MAC not playing games do we have an out . Now that the rivalry has been disrupted, it seems like a good time to review the importance of the game. Until we get into a power conference we are going to struggle with our strength of schedule. I think we would be better served to schedule power 5 schools for this slot. I hate to disrupt rivalries, but at some point the rivalry doesn't serve you any more. We've won 14 in a row, but the win doesn't give us anything. A loss, however, would be huge and with a rivalry you are more susceptible to a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
                        With the game being cancelled, it's been a slow day. I thought I would throw out something for conversation. I know the UC-Miami rivalry is currently scheduled through 2029, but since it was cancelled this year by the MAC not playing games do we have an out . Now that the rivalry has been disrupted, it seems like a good time to review the importance of the game. Until we get into a power conference we are going to struggle with our strength of schedule. I think we would be better served to schedule power 5 schools for this slot. I hate to disrupt rivalries, but at some point the rivalry doesn't serve you any more. We've won 14 in a row, but the win doesn't give us anything. A loss, however, would be huge and with a rivalry you are more susceptible to a loss.
                        I go back and forth on this. There is something to be said for tradition. All of the major schools schedule teams they are expected to beat by a lot. In that sense, we are no different with this rivalry as of late. It has not always been that way, of course, with Miami. We have had our struggles with them in the past. I also despised it when other schools gave up rivalry games because one got so much better. I don't want to be one of THOSE schools.

At the same time, you are right. A loss would do severe damage to us for that year. I think the big problem would be with your suggestion on who you replace them with. Frankly, I don't think many P5 schools want to schedule us out of conference. They also would have a lot to lose, and unlike Miami right now, we could definitely beat a lot of those schools.

Comment

You don't give up on Miami, you give up the Austin iPeay's and the dirrectional schools! Miami is tradition worth protecting. All the big schools have a MAC team on their schedule to open their season, we should too. Its the other cupcakes we have to get rid of. A schedule with AAC teams, 1 MAC team, and perhaps 1 Big Ten team is strong enough to accomplish our objectives.

Comment

Well it appears that we at least tried:

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...nnati-bearcats

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X