Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The schedule comes out tomorrow at 2:00
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thurs., Sept. 3: AUSTIN PEAY (Nippert Stadium)
      Fri., Sept. 11: WESTERN MICHIGAN (Nippert Stadium) ESPN Network
      Sat., Sept. 19: @ Miami (OH) (Oxford, Ohio)
      Sat., Sept. 26: @ Nebraska (Lincoln, Neb.)
      Sat., Oct. 3: USF * (Nippert Stadium)
      Sat., Oct. 10: BYE
      Sat., Oct. 17: @ Tulsa * (Tulsa, Okla.)
      Sat., Oct. 24: @ SMU * (Dallas, Texas)
      Sat., Oct. 31: MEMPHIS * (Nippert Stadium)
      Sat., Nov. 7: HOUSTON * (Nippert Stadium)
      Thurs., Nov. 12: ECU * (Nippert Stadium) ESPN Network
      Sat., Nov. 21: @ UCF * (Orlando, Fla.)
      Sat., Nov. 28: @ Temple * (Philadelphia, Pa.)

Comment

10/31 - Nipp-o-ween

Nippert, Tigers and Bearcats...oh my!

Comment

Rough. 2 stretches of difficult back to back road games with 2 tough ones on the road to end it. Only 3 Saturday home games.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Really an incredibly crappy schedule for season ticket holders... Especially those with young kids like me. Halloween will possibly be missed for trick or treating, the others will be missed because of no child care options coming from out of town. Only two decent Saturday home games

Comment

Would have liked to have seen more in-conference Thursday night and Friday night games where UC can get a primetime TV audience without competing for eyeballs with the SEC, B1G, etc.
              "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                Really an incredibly crappy schedule for season ticket holders... Especially those with young kids like me. Halloween will possibly be missed for trick or treating, the others will be missed because of no child care options coming from out of town. Only two decent Saturday home games
                As far as Halloween is concerned, it's quite possible that there won't be a conflict with Trick-or-treating. It's a Saturday this year, with a chance that the game will be in the early afternoon.

Also, I would prefer no Friday night games. That may not be important to a lot of fans, but I attend a ton of high school games. I'd like to be able to continue, while still making it to Nippert on a Saturday.

Comment

I think you look at that schedule and the first thing that pops out is the two at the end but those two games at Tulsa and SMU in the middle are going to be really hard. They really did not do us any favors with this schedule. However if we can get through it, it pretty much ensures us a home game in December for the AAC Championship and a NY6 bowl if we win that game.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Rough. 2 stretches of difficult back to back road games with 2 tough ones on the road to end it. Only 3 Saturday home games.
                    Booooooo!!! I jest a littleand know that the Thursday/Friday games are big parts of the tv revenue we need. I do wish ECU was not a Thursday night game because this is Senior Day. It's really hard to fill the stadium by midway through the 1st quarter and our seniors deserve much better. I'd have preferred the Memphis game be on a Thursday and ECU on a Saturday. At least the Miami away game is a Saturday so we can invade Oxford.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I'm okay with the schedule conference
                      (no Navy or Tulane this year)
                      and non-conference-wise (which was already set). BUT:
                      • Not a fan of weeknight games. At all. And for all the reasons stated above, but that's what we get for winning. Also hoping for a Noon start on Halloween (the holiday is a big deal in our neighborhood)..
                      • Two home games (weeknights) to start the season, then two away, then home, Open, two away, then three home in a row and the home season is over. On November 12! And that's Senior night. On a Thursday!?! Then two away games to finish the season. The conference schedulers mailed this one in.
                      • Eight days between the first game and the second, and the same between the second and the third game. Seven days between the rest of the games except 14 for the open week (11/3 - 11/17), only five between Houston and Senior Night/ECU, but 9 after that before at UCF.
                      • As usual, most of the AAC games are TBA times and possibly dates, so there's that to look forward to, too.
                      Oh well, lace 'em up and let's play. Only 197 days until the first game, or 28 weeks if that seems shorter. Go Cats!

Comment

I really don't like that we only have 3 home games on Saturdays. This is really going to affect our home attendance on the season as the weekday games always are poorly attended. I love tailgating as part of the Saturday tradition and it's just not the same when you are trying to rush to get to the game from work (even if you take off early).

The Memphis game on Halloween is also probably going to be our Homecoming Game. In addition to that, if we are able to go 7-0 to that point it might set up to be a good candidate for ESPN Game Day. They have done an AAC game the past couple of years and this might be out opportunity.

Comment

Also, anyone want to road trip it to Lincoln?

Comment

Anyone with insight as to the probable kickoff time of the Thursday home opener vs Austin Peay?

https://gobearcats.com/sports/football/schedule
                            "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

If it was a normal deal, it would likely be 7pm, but who knows with this covid business. First have to see if they have fans in the stands.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X