Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching changes

Need to fill 3 spots right now. Corners, D Line and RBs

A belated congratulations to Doug Phillips for his HC gig at Youngstown St.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Marcus Freeman got an offer to be DC at MSU under Mel Tucker and declined. MSU now 0-2
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wish there was a coaching/poaching hiring freeze, similar to recruiting dead periods. No job switching after signing day until 1st game of the year. Promotions, interim coaches, and signing those unemployed not on a coaching staff is allowable
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Marcus Freeman got an offer to be DC at MSU under Mel Tucker and declined. MSU now 0-2
        How great would it be to get them on the schedule next year?

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Fickell talks to any of the Msu assistants not retained. He has some history with them, and we have related vacancies.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
            It will be interesting to see if Fickell talks to any of the Msu assistants not retained. He has some history with them, and we have related vacancies.
            Interesting indeed. I know there is a trickle down effect where assist. coaches move after the coaching carousel stops. Which MSU assistants would be a good fit?

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

How great would it be to get them on the schedule next year?
            Unless they make a high level Bowl Game, then I it won't happen. Maybe in the next 5 years, but I don't think they would accept any proposals.
            Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 02-18-2020, 01:37 PM.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Something to keep an eye on - Chuck Bullough was a very solid DE/DL coach at Michigan State and its not certain if he'll be retained by Mel Tucker. His son Max Bullough is currently a grad assistant on Cincinnati's staff. One of MSU's top defensive linemen, Jacub Panasiuk is threatening to transfer if Bullough isn't retained. Curious if Chuck would have an interest in joining his son at Cincinnati and could bring Panasiuk with him.

https://247sports.com/Article/Jacub-...ugh-143880132/

Comment

Per Pete Thamel, Greg Scruggs has been promoted to DL coach. Was the player development guy last year.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Local guy, played at Louisville and in the NFL, was in charge of player development for UC. Might be one to watch and see how he does. He's certainly familiar with the players and the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                    Local guy, played at Louisville and in the NFL, was in charge of player development for UC. Might be one to watch and see how he does. He's certainly familiar with the players and the system.
                    Yep, He wasn't orginally sure if he wanted to go into coaching. Guess he decided. I think he'll be fine.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Two super bowl rings.

Comment

Chad at BCJ is reporting that Dan Enos and Perry Eliano will be the incoming coaches at the RB and CB spots.

Enos has been a head coach at CMU in the past and also worked for multiple big name coaches on the offensive side of the ball as an OC and QB coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Enos

Eliano has stops at UTSA, New Mexico and BGSU on his resume.

https://golobos.com/staff.aspx?staff=1397
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wonder how Enos and Gino will get along? I suspect that they will have some stories to share.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            I wonder how Enos and Gino will get along? I suspect that they will have some stories to share.

A friend of mine told me that they're friends. He's a well qualified guy for a position coach.That coaching purge at Miami was a bigger issue than the coaches let go. I have a lot of faith in Fickell picking guys he can work with and are on the same page. His group seems to solidify a team concept better than any i can remember. It's a big, big factor in building sustained success.
                            Last edited by coach; 02-29-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Welcome back Armon Binns! Armon will be the quality control coach for this season. Spent last years coaching at Hampton under Robert Prunty.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X